Mini Oven

Level 21
    Test meal 25-Nov-2023
    reheat mash ( potatoes&parsnip&carrot with finely chopped spring onion and a little bit of butter)
    reheat peas and spinach
    a frozen piece of chicken in batter on top of those
    all in one 8"x4" baking tray in the mini oven

used less than 0.18 kWh to cook (should cost 6p at usual electricity prices)
    nil electricity bill because I cooked it for free while there was sun on the solar panels
    Level 91
    Normal meal 25 Nov 23

1 x fish pie for two. Take one large casserole dish and cover bottom with Schwarz Fish Pie Sauce. Place fish pie mix on top and sprinkle lightly with curry powder (not too much mind you). Put remainder of sauce on top and cover with pre- cooked mashed potato and make some rustic fork marks on the top. That’s two of us sorted.

1 x sweet and sour chicken for one. Put some browned chicken, mushrooms and red peppers in a small casserole dish and cover with Uncle Bens Sweet and Sour Sauce. That’s the other one sorted.

Put both in the big oven and cook for 75 mins.

Boil rice for the chicken dish and put two pans with different veg to satisfy everyone on the hob too.

Put plates in small oven to warm.

Cost a bleeding’ fortune and no solar panels to share the burden.

Tasted good though 😂
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 21
    Test snack 22nd January 2024
    270 grams of chips in Belaco cheapo mini oven. I call it a snack because a proper meal should be twice as much stuff:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Z7JMOy6wQ

0.286 kWh
    Should cost about 9p at the usual price.
    For me, using rooftop solar power which is free, the electricity cost nothing.