Demand Flexibility Service FAQ.

Level 56
    Apologies I'm not sure I've seen that - going forward what is Eon Next's position. Are they applying the in-day adjustment factor or not? Is there a post somewhere confirming?

From a few posts earlier (also confirmed in comrades forum)

During the last event we removed the in day adjustment as a trial in order to improve and benefit more customers
    Level 16
    Originally Posted by DebF_EONNext
    During the last event we removed the in day adjustment as a trial in order to improve and benefit more customers

Doublespeak. What that means is "we moved the goalposts to stop certain individuals from raking in the jackpot by gaming the system".

Where is the Eon Next definition of "in day adjustment"?

Energy Shift is a CON
    Level 56
    Where is the Eon Next definition of "in day adjustment"?

Nowhere 🔍 but it is reasonable to assume that they used the National Grid ESO calculation of 'in day adjustment' on page 31/31
    Level 1
    Hi all 😊 a reason why you may not have been invited to any of the events yet is because of your usage levels.
    The way the Demand Flexibility Scheme works is that those with an average higher usage at that time slot will be asked, rather than those with a low average . For example @apjuk & @St3v0 if the shift is at 5pm-7pm and in that time you only use very small energy (maybe put the washing machine on, or use the microwave) then you will not be asked to take part for that event. Whereas if someone has high usage in this 5pm-7pm slot (oven constantly running, washer & dryer, 10 lights etc.) they will more likely to be asked.

This would also help us to understand your DFS pattern @Mailman - you are invited to the shifts you have high usage within. So looking at today's event, you may not use much energy in that period anyway 😊

Why wasn't this information supplied at the start, a transparent communication so that customers could decide whether to wait for Eon Next energy shift event or join the variety of other schemes available outside the supplier. First of all it's the drip fed poor info on half hourly reads and marketing and different responses from customer services, now an admission it's only high energy users selected.

That combined with this apparent "trial" event where Eon Next kept all the In Day Adjustment rewards from their customers so effectively 90% of the rewards pocketed for high users so they maximise their return.

I just wonder if the way Eon Next have run this has done them more harm that good with their customers?

I would also question the morality of these decisions. If you cannot trust your energy supplier to not make changes without notification then isn't that the start of the end of the customer supplier relationship?

I would advise anyone that lost out on this "trial" event that missed out by loading their use to the in day adjustment period believing they would be rewarded as they had been for all previous events raise a complaint. If unsatisfied with the response then take it to Ofgem. I am sure there is enough evidence just on this forum to be rewarded the £50-75 Ofgem general reward.rewar
    Last edited by Mstty; 24-02-23 at 08:34.
    Level 16
    Why wasn't this information supplied at the start, a transparent communication so that customers could decide whether to wait for Eon Next energy shift event or join the variety of other schemes available outside the supplier. First of all it's the drip fed poor info on half hourly reads and marketing and different responses from customer services, now an admission it's only high energy users selected.

That combined with this apparent "trial" event where Eon Next kept all the In Day Adjustment rewards from their customers so effectively 90% of the rewards pocketed for high users so they maximise their return.

I just wonder if the way Eon Next have run this has done them more harm that good with their customers?

I would also question the morality of these decisions. If you cannot trust your energy supplier to not make changes without notification then isn't that the start of the end of the customer supplier relationship?

I would advise anyone that lost out on this "trial" event that missed out by loading their use to the in day adjustment period believing they would be rewarded as they had been for all previous events raise a complaint. If unsatisfied with the response then take it to Ofgem. I am sure there is enough evidence just on this forum to be rewarded the £50-75 Ofgem general reward.rewar

All together now...

Eon Next Energy Shift is a CON
    Level 56
    now an admission it's only high energy users selected.

I've not considered myself a high energy user (AC = 2400 kWh) and have been invited to most of the trial events. For the 20th February event (first where IDA was confirmed as not having been used) my reward might have been the princely sum of about £3.60 with IDA but turned out to be about £1.20 without it.

I'm just not sure that Eon Next will share the specifics of how eligible users were selected.🤔
    Level 4
    I see a report elsewhere that the IDA was not applied again on the test session this week.
    Level 56
    I see a report elsewhere that the IDA was not applied again on the test session this week.

Yes I can confirm no IDA applied to the 20th Feb event (same as last week) as confirmed in this post
    Level 1
    Yes I can confirm no IDA applied to the 20th Feb event (same as last week) as confirmed in this post
    So the "trial" where eon next keep 90% of the money awarded by the National Grid ESO is the norm now.

I find this all hard to read to be honest, they must be in serious trouble to want to take this money from the customers.
    Level 56
    So the "trial" where eon next keep 90% of the money awarded by the National Grid ESO is the norm now.

Where does the 90% figure come from? I'm curious 🥂