Demand Flexibility Service FAQ.

@Mailman I am sure that @DebF_EONNext will have an answer for this when she is back in. I know she did look into this for you 😀
    Community Team
    Morning @Mailman 👋

What I've been advised so far is that there's a variation per event on the reward base rate. When people are invited as you know we advise how much they could earn if they reduce by xx amount, however even though the base rate varies the base reward rate per kWh is the same for everyone per event. I know this doesn't really answer your question so I have asked for a bit of further clarification which is why I haven't responded sooner 😊
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 01/05/24 🏖

Level 16
    Hi @DebF_EONNext

For the energy shift event on 12/12/2022 I was told that I could earn around £2.38 but in reality the credit that I received was £12.84. How can this be?

For other energy shift events I met the target but I was told that I failed. Is this fraud by Eon Next?
    Level 55
    Hi @DebF_EONNext

For the energy shift event on 12/12/2022 I was told that I could earn around £2.38 but in reality the credit that I received was £12.84. How can this be?

For other energy shift events I met the target but I was told that I failed. Is this fraud by Eon Next?

Cannot really comment on your numbers and amounts but what I can say is that amounts I've earned in events prior to the 13th February have included an in-day adjustment (IDA). This can be +tive (giving rise to larger amounts than might be anticipated) OR -tive (giving rise to smaller amounts or possibly none at all). Remember than Adjusted Baseline = Unadjusted baseline +/- IDA. It is the unadjusted baseline that is used in the email notifications. I doubt this is a case of fraud by Eon Next in your case.🤔

I am seeking clarification as to whether this IDA has been binned for all future events (or whether this one a one-off on February 13th). 👍
    Community Team
    Morning @Actual,

I raised your query with the DFS team. At the time we were using in day adjustments and this impacted customers in different ways it just so happens that you may have benefited more from it on this occasion. During the last event we removed the in day adjustment as a trial in order to improve and benefit more customers, so you may notice a difference.
    Level 16
    Morning @Actual,

At the time we were using in day adjustments and this impacted customers in different ways it just so happens that you may have benefited more from it on this occasion. During the last event we removed the in day adjustment as a trial in order to improve and benefit more customers, so you may notice a difference.

As far as I know this is the first and only time that any communication from Eon Next or an Eon Next employee has made any reference to "in day adjustments".

The invitations from Eon Next to take part in Energy Shift events don't mention "in day adjustments" and the Eon Next web pages regarding Energy Shift events don't mention "in day adjustments".

For the Energy Shift Event on 15/11/2022 I was simply told by Eon Next that I would earn around £3.72 if I reduced my energy consumption to 1.03 kWh. My actual energy usage for the hour was 0.652 kWh and yet I was told that is failed. No communication from Eon Next has ever made any mention of "in day adjustments".

As stated by National Grid "Each energy provider will have individual incentives for their campaigns" and if Eon Next are using "in day adjustments" then that is between National Grid and Eon Next and it is nothing to do with me.

Eon Next should pay me for my Energy Shift on 15/11/2022 and for numerous other events where I was told that I failed.

Energy Shift is a CON
    Level 55
    As far as I know this is the first and only time that any communication from Eon Next or an Eon Next employee has made any reference to "in day adjustments".

The invitations from Eon Next to take part in Energy Shift events don't mention "in day adjustments" and the Eon Next web pages regarding Energy Shift events don't mention "in day adjustments".

For the Energy Shift Event on 15/11/2022 I was simply told by Eon Next that I would earn around £3.72 if I reduced my energy consumption to 1.03 kWh. My actual energy usage for the hour was 0.652 kWh and yet I was told that is failed. No communication from Eon Next has ever made any mention of "in day adjustments".

As stated by National Grid "Each energy provider will have individual incentives for their campaigns" and if Eon Next are using "in day adjustments" then that is between National Grid and Eon Next and it is nothing to do with me.

Eon Next should pay me for my Energy Shift on 15/11/2022 and for numerous other events where I was told that I failed.

Energy Shift is a CON

What about the event you achieved the £12.84? As per My reply in another thread I can only assume that you were an unknowing recipient of much more than you might have anticipated because you had probably unknowingly shifted kWh of additional electricity usage to 1-4 hours before the event or maybe you had realised about IDA by then. So for thye £12.84 event you must have scored by having the IDA (in-day adjustment) figure being comfortably in excess of what it had normally been (average of last 10 weekdays). Conversely on the other days you've mentioned the IDA effect must have worked to your detriment reducing the baseline figure that Eon Next quoted to you.

As customers we cannot have it both ways. What we should have had back in November was more detail (esp about in day adjustment) much along the lines of the advice given by Octopus to their customers. 👍

What we now know is that IDA was used in the cutomer rewards prior to the Feb 13th event but since then it has been binned.
    Last edited by Mailman; 24-02-23 at 11:26.
    Level 16
    What about the event you achieved the £12.84? As per My reply in another thread I can only assume that you were an unknowing recipient of much more than you might have anticipated because you had probably unknowingly shifted kWh of additional electricity usage to 1-4 hours before the event or maybe you had realised about IDA by then. So for thye £12.84 event you must have scored by having the IDA (in-day adjustment) figure being comfortably in excess of what it had normally been (average of last 10 weekdays). Conversely on the other days you've mentioned the IDA effect must have worked to your detriment reducing the baseline figure that Eon Next quoted to you.

As customers we cannot have it both ways. What we should have had back in November was more detail (esp about in day adjustment) much along the lines of the advice given by Octopus to their customers. 👍

What we now know is that IDA was used in the cutomer rewards prior to the Feb 13th event but since then it has been binned.

I also refer you to DFS Problems with Rewards thread if you are able to access this where there has been more discussion over the last few days.

Hi @Mailman. Yes I did earn £12.84 which was way in excess of what I told I could earn but the point is that I participated in numerous Energy Shift events where I fulfilled my part of the deal but Eon Next have cheated me out of my time and renumeration. Sorry but you cannot tell me that I can't have it both ways. How is it right that I "probably unknowingly". I have every right to know what is "probably unknowingly". It is despicable that Eon Next running a scheme where their customers are "probably unknowingly".

Just great. So there is secret forum area that ordinary persons can't see. I hope you aren't talking about me behind my back.

Actual, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Energy Shift is a CON
    Last edited by DebF_EONNext; 24-02-23 at 12:57. Reason: removed link
    Level 55
    @ Actual (FYI)

First quote is my reply to one of your earlier posts

Cannot really comment on your numbers and amounts but what I can say is that amounts I've earned in events prior to the 13th February have included an in-day adjustment (IDA). This can be +tive (giving rise to larger amounts than might be anticipated) OR -tive (giving rise to smaller amounts or possibly none at all). Remember than Adjusted Baseline = Unadjusted baseline +/- IDA. It is the unadjusted baseline that is used in the email notifications. I doubt this is a case of fraud by Eon Next in your case.🤔

I am seeking clarification as to whether this IDA has been binned for all future events (or whether this one a one-off on February 13th). 👍

To link in with your previous - this was the opening post that I posted in the comrades forum (seeking this clarification) 3 days ago that I replicate here. Apologies for trying to link it directly 😔

"There has been a plethora of posting here and at MSE relating to the implementation of the DFS in relation to the 'rewards' customers have received from the 13th February event that some were invited to.

I refer you to the latest 8th Feb DFS procurement document released by the National Grid ESO specfically Appendix 4 - pages 30 and 31 which go into detail about the Operational Baseline calculation for each customer.

There are 3 sub-sections

1. Find the eligible days
    2. Calculate the unadjusted baseline from these eligible days
    3. Calculate the in-day adjustment which leads to an adjusted baseline (Ignored on Feb 13th)

The reward was calculated using the £/kWh rate of electricity saved during the event period. From my calculations Eon Next rewarded customers to the tune of £3/kWh of electricity saved during the event period. My reward of £1.38 was based entirely on an unadjusted baseline and took no account of any in-day adjustment.

Previous events that Eon Next have participated in have followed all 3 sections but the 13th February event has ignored the in-day adjustment entirely thus basing the reward entirely on an unadjusted baseline. Octopus followed all sections for this event so this is not an-industry wide implementation.

So was this a mistake by the DFS team in charge of this exercise? Or has the implementation (rewards) of DFS been changed behind the scenes at Eon Next for the Feb 13th and all future events?"

You were not mentioned you will be relieved to hear.

We now have the confirmation of what is happening going forward in this thread.👍
    Last edited by Mailman; 23-02-23 at 10:45.
    Level 3
    @ Actual (FYI)

We now have the confirmation of what is happening going forward in this thread.👍

Apologies I'm not sure I've seen that - going forward what is Eon Next's position. Are they applying the in-day adjustment factor or not? Is there a post somewhere confirming?