day time rate has gone lower

Level 92
    @meldrewreborn

Depends what the v14 rates were to start with, but E.On Next's own blurb says.

How the Energy Price Guarantee will affect you.

Fixed tariff customers.

The government has introduced a floor unit price because some people will have fixed at much lower prices some time ago, meaning their annual payments will already be below the £2,500 average set by the government’s Energy Price Guarantee (EPG).
    Unit price reductions of up to 17p/kWh for electricity and 4.2p/kWh for gas (1 October to 31 December 2022) and 31.8/kEh for electricity and 6.4p/kWr for gas (1 January to 31 March 2023) will apply to fixed tariff customers to bring their unit prices down to, but not below, the floor unit price. Customers on fixed rate tariffs that are already below the floor unit prices will continue to enjoy those low prices, but won't receive a further discount for the duration of their fixed term.
    For the small number of customers who fixed at a high rate exceeding the October Ofgem price cap of £3,549 (£3,674 paying on receipt of bill), they will receive the full discount of 16.998p for electricity and 4.2p for gas (1 October to 31 December 2022). From 1 January 2023 the discount will be 31.8p for electricity and 6.4p for gas (1 January to 31 March 2023) when the price cap rises to £4,279.
    We will adjust fixed tariffs automatically. Customers on fixed tariffs do not need to take any action to get the benefits of this scheme which will remain at the same level as of 1 October 2022. Those fixed customers who are already below the floor will not see a benefit from the EPG.

What we need to know from the OP is when did his tariff change?
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 12-12-22 at 23:51.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 92
    Torquay v14 rate prior to Oct this year

Next 1 Year v14 Direct Debit version

Electricity
    Unit rate 38.65 p/kWh
    Standing charge 51.63 p/day
    Eco 7 Electricity
    Day unit rate 35.53 p/kWh
    Night unit rate 31.02 p/kWh
    Standing charge 51.71 p/day
    Level 91
    These are mind boggling difficult to work out.

It would help if we knew what the e.On Next floor rate for E7 is in the south west from 1 October 2022.

It would help if we could see the part of the bill that shows the Eon unit prices and then the EPG reduction to get to the net tariff rates.

The link i had to the EDF rates for I 0ctober has been changed to show the rates from 1 January 2023, so is of little use in this debate.

The OFGEM figures from 1 October 2022 are 0 kwh= £183.31 (thus setting maximum standing charge) and £2,138.01 for 4,200 kWh, but without the crucial split between night and day consumption.

Its almost impossible to fathom except to say Accept what on offer it looks remarkably good.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    I'm on fixed tariff "next online v14"
    Should I have a price cap applied on both my day and night time tariffs.
    Initially the day tariff didn't have anything applied, then is did have a discount, only be be removed again... So currently only have discount applied to night tariff.
    Why keep changing it without informing me.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Level 91
    @Lloydy66

the periods in the picture are not consecutive. The variable prices charged by suppliers went up from January 1, but were matched by simultaneous increases in the government’s EPG, which left net prices little changed. The epg was £2500 per annum for the average user in both Q4and Q1. Therefore you should either get it or not in both quarters.

E7/E10 pricing is rather opaque at the best of ti mg es but I suspect you should be getting an EPG reduction all the time and I would question this in an email subject line “has the EPG been correctly applied to my account”?
    Level 1
    I'm on fixed tariff "next online v14"
    Should I have a price cap applied on both my day and night time tariffs.
    Initially the day tariff didn't have anything applied, then is did have a discount, only be be removed again... So currently only have discount applied to night tariff.
    Why keep changing it without informing me.

I am on next online V14 and my tariff has been the same, discount to night rate then discount to both day and night rate and now back to just discount on night rate. I have had no emails or anything to tell me why it just changed.
    Level 91
    @neil76
    as other customers we have no means of making any changes. You have to go through customer services.