ECO+ scheme

@retrotecchie That's really interesting to know and confuses me as to why E.ON aren't doing it in your area. 🤔
    I'm getting more curious and have sent a further email to E.ON to confirm what's going on!

I truly hope it doesn't come to switching supplier because of a lack of relation with the Local Authorities, especially when that seems like something easy to fix 😊
    Level 92
    @Beki_EONNext

I really don't want to switch supplier. I know a lot of folk come on and complain a bit, but I'm fortunate that the couple of minor issues I have had with billing and getting my account working as is should were dealt with with the absolute minimum of faff. Mostly related to my previous supplier at the property combined with the failure of the original supplier at my last property. Sure, there are issues as we all recognise but my experience has been a generally positive one.

I can't compare E.On Next to other energy companies (other than perhaps the French mob 😈) as most of my former suppliers are no more, but I can compare against other 'service providers' I have to deal with (mobile companies, my internet, water company, etc.) and I'm happy to say that, on balance, you're ahead of the game 👍. So I'll sit tight and see how things pan out.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    @retrotecchie
    I was with British Gas a good few years ago, and had quite a few issues with them with billing, and failing to turn up to Breakdowns, even though I had a breakdown and service cover with them. They were constantly estimating bills, overcharging, and hopeless Customer Service. I agree Eon-Next are far better. The Customer Service Staff I've spoken too on the phone have always been very helpful, and resolved my issues. The staff on this Forum are outstanding, and there are the other Forum Members, like yourself, (The Five Wise Men), who provide excellent advice and information. I'm not sure if any of the other energy companies have the Forum facility, so all in all I'm very happy with Eon Next too.😃
    Level 92
    @Tommysgirl

I was very happy with OVO for many years. In fact I was one of their very first customers. But they don't operate here in my part of Wales. Their reason being (at the time) they weren't taking on electricity-only customers so when I tried to move my account from my dual-fuel property in England they had to let me go. It did take about three months to get my £3000 credit balance back from them though!
    Level 91
    @Beki_EONNext

There is ECO4 and there is Eco Flex under which Local Authorities can widen the eligibility criteria for ECO4, allowing them to tailor energy efficiency schemes to their respective area. ECO Flex seems only to cover tenanted properties, but the idea is I think to open another avenue to participation to supplement other (supplier based) avenues.

So in a particular area a property can be identified both by the supplier and or the energy supplier. I've invited Lex Keel, Head of Obligation Delivery at E.on Next to jump into this thread and give us some definitive information, otherwise we're not making much progress and the scheme has been live for over 6 months already.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 92
    @meldrewreborn

The scheme has been live for some time. The E.On Next link to scheme applications for the 2022 tranche only started working around 10 December and the scheme closed on 23 December! I applied within that 13 day window, but was turned down because of my area, even though I was told I qualified.
    Level 91
    @retrotecchie

It seems to a a complete mess, so now clarity is what is required from E.On Next.
    Level 91
    I received this from E.on Next

"Thanks for getting in touch

In regard to your recent query, unfortunately we’re not currently accepting applications for the ECO+ scheme, as we do not yet have a start date. We do not know the full the ins and outs but from the contact centre’s understanding, it is currently still with the Government to be signed off.

Customers can email us to register their details and interest for the ECO+ Scheme to ECOHome@eonenergy.com and we can keep a hold of their details and once the scheme is live we’ll be back in touch to let them know how we can help."

So yet another offering - which is the truth I wonder?
    Level 92
    @meldrewreborn

It wasn't ECO+ I'd tried applying for, but the prior ECO4 scheme which closed on 23rd December, for which the application route from E.On Next was only fixed on December 10th! I know ECO+ isn't open yet and that wasn't the scheme I applied for! The ECO4 was. And I qualified.
    @retrotecchie

I still think it is grossly unfair that you qualify, but possibly just because of logistics, and a lack of engineers in your area, you do not get the help you are rightfully entitled to. They will probably say it is not economically viable for engineers or staff to travel and stay in hotels or B&Bs to carry out the work. It can be done though. When our previous gas boiler was installed by NPower, and the local team couldn't get the radiators to work, they sent a Senior team Leader from Birmingham up to Northumberland, and he sorted it within an hour.