4 months and tariff ends then what?

Level 1
    I'm finding it difficult to locate an eon-next web page with definitive tariffs eon-next are operating! My fixed tariff ends in 4 months, I expect a shocking increase so would like to see daily charges and energy prices on offer but they are not located anywhere. I imagine I would be told nearer the time but I wish to prepare, however, what if my tariff were to end now? what are the tariffs or tariff right now? Anyone? Link to page? Many thanks. D.
  • 7 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 92
    Best Answer
    @Dagma

None of the energy companies are offering much of anything other than the EPG rates. Wholesale energy costs are higher than the cap, so no-one will be undercutting anyone else until this energy crisis is over. Hence you won't find any published rates.

When your fix runs out, you'll be on the standard variable (but capped) tariff, same as everyone else!

For the same reason, comparison sites and the like are now no longer switching between suppliers.

The actual rates will depend on which supply region you are in. For South Wales region, electricity is 33.97p a kWh and 49.168p a day for standing charge, Inc VAT. We don't have gas in my neck of the woods, so can't tell you anything about that, unfortunately.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 29-11-22 at 20:45.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @Dagma prices will be 20% higher than the current EPG. I’l send you my forecast tomorrow when I’m on the PC. What region are you in?
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    @meldrewreborn thanks for your reply, I'm in Northwest, Carlisle to be exact..D
    Level 1
    @retrotecchie. Thanks for the info, I know it's going to be a shock to the system, just hope/wish Eon-next could pull something out of the bag for us all but like all providers will be much the same. Cheers.D
    Level 92
    @Dagma

No-one will be pulling anything out of any bags for the foreseeable I'm afraid.
    Level 55
    I'm finding it difficult to locate an eon-next web page with definitive tariffs eon-next are operating! My fixed tariff ends in 4 months, I expect a shocking increase so would like to see daily charges and energy prices on offer but they are not located anywhere. I imagine I would be told nearer the time but I wish to prepare, however, what if my tariff were to end now? what are the tariffs or tariff right now? Anyone? Link to page? Many thanks. D.

1. Tariffs located via Energy > Our Tariffs . Scroll down to this enter your postcode to reveal current rates inc VAT Eon Next Tariff Search

2. Future region-specific EPG tariffs from April 1st are not available either for SC or for unit rates until sometime in March 2023 (either for Eon Next or any other supplier for that matter) although we do know that the intention is to see the EPG rates rise by approx 20%. We don't know if SC are going to be pegged at the current level but if they are then the unit rates might rise by a little more than 20% to give the total payment of £3000 for an Ofgem average user.

3. In terms of preparing for the year from April 1st, you know as much as anyone else does. That is all anyone can do under the circumstances.
    Level 91
    @Dagma

The prices for q1 2023 have been published under the Governments EPG.

But for Q2 2023 the EPG will be reduced and thus prices to consumers will increase (EPG for the average customer goes from £2500 to £3,000). While the forecast is for OFGEM's price cap amounts to reduce from Q2 onwards, the predominate figure to consider is that the effective rates payable by domestic customers will be up by 20%

My prediction in your region is Electricity unit price of 40.2p per unit and gas 12.4p both VAT inclusive, both of these are 20% higher than the prices for Q1 2023.

And may I offer you a warm welcome to the world of variable tariff pricing under price caps and the EPG.