Submitting meter rewading not saving

Level 1
    Hi there

Anyone else had this problem. I checked my account a couple of says ago and it said I haven't submitted a gas reading for 244 days. Strange as I always submit gas and electric together. I submitted a gas reading to update my account.

I've just logged in to see if it's updated my account to see if I'm in credit or not been paying enough and the one a couple of days ago hasn't saved. I've just done another one and that's not saved either.

I'm a bit concerned I might get way behind, as none of my readings have saved since the massive price increases. I haven't got the time to be in a queue on hold for hours so not sure what I can do about his.

Thanks for any suggestions.
  • 2 Replies

Level 92
    @richiep

A couple of things worth checking.

On your recent bills (full pdf versions) , have you been billed for gas regularly using estimated readings? If so, are the readings you are trying to submit comparable? That is to say, you are submitting cubic metre readings directly from the gas meter itself and not kWh readings displayed on the IHD if you have smart meters?

Are there any warnings or messages on your account saying they couldn't get gas readings, or there are any problems with your readings?

Is your gas meter smart, and is it working?

Does your account show the correct meter serial number?
    Level 91
    @richiep

You could email customer service at hi@eonnext.com and explain the problem. It may take a couple of weeks to get a reply where you can start the conversation. In the meantime you could look at your latest statement in your online account. Is there a latest estimation of your current reading and how does it compare with your actual reading? If they’ve underestimated you could use your tariff to work out how much you owe and make a manual payment to get your account up to date.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.