smart reading electric and not gas

Level 1
    Hi all, just wanting a bit of help seen as I've tried to call E.on and WhatsApp app and no answer, had my smart meters installed in June and never ever had a smart reading for gas, at the beginning they said it was the signal and that it needed to be closer to the meter which it is and after that tried to call and no answer, is it the meter or is it another issue as I'm heavily pregnant and the gas meter is outside and really low for me to look every month... what shall i do?
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    @Jaymeeleex

The in house display can only get its data from the actual meters. If the gas meter is outside it may not be able to send a signal to the communications hub which is attached to the electricity meter and possibly inside rather than outside. The data should go from the meter to your in-house display via the communications hub, data for your supplier also goes from the meter via the communications hub to the DCC and then onto the suppliers. Tariff data goes from your supplier via DCC to communications hub and then to the meter(s).

Obviously while you can move your in-house display closer to the Communications hub you cannot move the gas meter closer to the communications hub, because both are fixed in position. I suggest getting somebody else to read the meter for you, while you try to get your supplier to arrange a fix - which is unlikely to be quick. You could also request a temporary move to the priority services register for the duration of your pregnancy (which i hope is going well!).
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.