Not so smart meter

Level 1
    Our smart meter currently shows we are paying 3p per kWh for gas. Clearly wrong since its been 10p or so since October 1st (we're on variable tariffs).
    Electricity prices are correct.
    Trying to get help from Eon is proving difficult to say the least. Missed appointment, advisor not sending email, and this morning, advisor put the phone down, before we'd barely got started.
    How do we get the smart meter to show the correct prices, and therefore, the correct value for the gas we're using.
    Last edited by Steve1212; 22-11-22 at 10:16. Reason: spelling mistake
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @Steve1212
    the in home display gets its data from the actual meter, which needs a tariff update from your supplier. Your should make a complaint given your past experience with customer services, who are the people who can correct this error.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    @Steve1212
    I have had exactly the same issue for months, plus I am having to send in manual readings each month because they are not getting smart gas readings. I reported it to Eon Next back in July. The man I spoke to on the phone advised that my gas meter is no longer compliant with their system, as it is a version 1 meter (installed by Npower in 2017). He said he would put a request through to their metering department to have a new gas meter installed, but there was a backlog of at least two to three months. With all that has happened since with prices etc, I'm still waiting to hear when they will install the new meter. I managed to contact them again in September,and was told it may be early next year before they install a new meter because they are still working through the backlog.