No IHD - Smart meters not working

Level 1
    Where to begin. I have been with Eon since Feb 2020 - We moved into our new build house then, and have always been with Eon.

We have SMETS2 meters
    We have no IHD & have never had one since we moved in

I have called and called and called, numinous times, numerous promises from Eon, 1 engineer visit who disconnected our smart meters, said they were no good (Why he did not know) promised they would return with new ones and NOTHING, no email, no call no letter, called to ask what was going on and they have NO RECORD of an engineer visiting... still no IHD. Every time I call its back to square one,

"Oh, so you don't have an IHD? That should have come with the meter install, NO, I do not have one. I will look into this and get one out to you" (This has been promised over the phone) three times now and I still have no IHD sent out to me.

"Oh, you do have smart meters - Let me try and fix them, oh, I cant fix them, well need to raise a ticket"

Same old story every time I call, another hour of my time gone wasting time.

5 more calls to eon, multiple tickets opened, latest ticket has been open for 2 and a half months now and still no reply, to confirm what the issue is.

Latest development, called again, booked a meter install, day later, received an email to say your appointment has been cancelled and we will contact you. NO ONE CONTACTED ME. I called back and have been advised the meters are disconnected (Makes sense) but still no reply from anyone.

I am usually a very patient person, but this has now become a joke. Can someone advise me what else I can do apart from changing suppliers (Which at this moment in time) probably is not a good idea anyway, but I am at a point where I do not care if I have to pay more for energy just to get a better service

I think the meters were originally installed by British Gas. This has been going on for over two years now

On another note, I tried to order an Evie bud out of my own pocket, via my address and via the Smart Meter code to no avail, says my smart meters are not compatible but will be upgraded this year to support Evie, cant see that happening..

This is a plead for help... I am at my wits end.
    Last edited by jeremyg; 17-11-22 at 08:59.
  • 1 Reply

Level 92
    @jeremyg

My only suggestion is to put a breakdown of what has happened and when, into an email complaint and address it to unhappy@eonnext.com.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.