Changing Meter.

Level 6
    @retrotecchie

I'll have to call them tomorrow... There goes another 2 hours of my life. 😶
    Level 92
    @Squirrel

I feel your pain already...not easy, it it?!
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 6
    @retrotecchie
    @Andy65

Well, I've had no call back or email response to my questions for 2 weeks now, I was told the new E7 meter would be installed the first week in December. So I called them today and guess what? "Oh, I'm sorry, we have no record of you requesting a meter change, would you like us to book that in for you?" I couldn't believe it, I've been in direct correspondence with someone up until 2 weeks ago, arranged my off-peak hours, agreed to pay £157 for the privilege of going backwards in technology and then ...... things just stop progressing and communication stops. So today this woman I'm speaking to puts me on hold twice in 5 minutes so I've literally said 2 sentences to her and then I get cut off! No call back, just an email 2 minutes later saying 'would I like to book the E7 meter change in?'. I said I'd like her to call me back as we were cut off. No call back, no email reply.

I called Octopus Energy and I've switched to them in less than 10 minutes. Good riddance, Eon!
    Last edited by Squirrel; 22-12-22 at 00:26.
    Community Team
    Hey @Squirrel, I'm sorry to read of your experience and to hear you have switched to Octopus, sorry we didn't get it right for you 😢. Have you managed to get everything set up with Octopus now? Feel free to stick around the community, we have lots of members on here that we don't supply and there's lots of fantastic support on here too 😊
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 01/05/24 🏖

Level 6
    @DebF_EONNext

Hi, Deb. Octopus have been really good, but it took a while to get what we wanted with them. We're now on Octopus 'Go' and charge our 13kWh batteries at night (when needed) for 12p per kWh, and because we've got solar panels as well, we're now selling back to Scottish Power at 5.5p per kWh.

So today, for instance, we topped up the batteries overnight (00.30 - 04.30 @ 12p per kWh).
    We're then running from the batteries until there's daylight.
    We're then on solar; running the house and keeping the batteries topped up. If there's not enough sun because of rain or cloud we have plenty of power in the batteries for the whole day now.

Today our batteries have been at 100% all day and the solar is comfortably running the house. We've also sent over 5kWh's back to the grid, making us about 30p. Not bad for winter!

We also had SMETS2 installed so we're getting more detailed information.

We plan to switch to Intelligent Octopus when we have our EV charger installed. 6 hours night charging @ 10p per kWh.

Kind regards
    Squirrel
    Last edited by Squirrel; 19-02-23 at 14:18.
    Level 9
    In the same boat mate,

Like you, have solar and batteries.
    Had Secure Liberty 100 SMETS1 meter, installed by E'on in 2016, Secure emailed me and stated that it was dual tariff enabled.
    started enquiries early November 2022 about going onto E7, two year cheap rate tariff ends 1st March 2023
    E'on were adamant that it couldn't be done on that meter, even though the manufacturer stated it could.
    E'on wouldn't change meter FOC, even though it was their system that could configure my old meter
    Booked an appointment on 26th November 2022, had to pay £157.86 couldn't fit it until 10th January, 10th January no show, got £30 for missed appointment, eventually came on 17th January,
    Replace SMETS1 with SMETS2, they couldn't configure the first SMETS2 meter, so returned on 10th February and fitted a classic E7 meter without a comms module, came again on 17th February and fitted another SMETS2 meter, they assured me that it would be configured to E7, well it's still not configured.

I was told today, that present meter is not on their system, so can't be configured. Will have to wait for it to be entered onto systems by another department, as its not systems, they can't take meter readings and I can't submit one

I have complained, but haven't escalated it to Ombudsman yet, don't want to burn my bridges.
    Just want it sorted
    Last edited by Taff7996; 24-02-23 at 14:38.
    Level 6
    @Taff7996

Sorry for the late reply, Taff. I haven't logged on to this forum for a few weeks.

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. No company is perfect but Eon were taking the mick and weren't answerable to anyone, leaving me feeling powerless and frustrated. I was gearing myself up to speak to someone every other day and hoping I would get a member of staff that was willing to help me, not just tell me 'computer says no'.

I took power back by switching energy providers, it took me a while to get set up but now I feel like I am in control again. I can switch between tariffs whenever I want using their website or their app. They also pick up the phone within two minutes, sometimes less than a minute when I need to speak to someone. No complaints so far!

Kind regards
    Squirrel