smart meter billing

Level 18
    Hi Beki again

Just checked make that 5 DDs for October another paid on 31st, looks like Eon next billing are slowly siphoning my bank account😅
    Level 18
    @Plantagenet

Rather than in one big mahoosive lump? I know which I would prefer, being on weekly benefits.
    @ retrotecchie
    Its like having your pockets picked.
    Level 92
    @Plantagenet

Yes, but at least they have the decency to give you a receipt.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 18
    @Mailman
    Thanks for the info, I was swapped over from Eon to Eon Next during mid May 2021,previously I paid my bill quarterly to Eon then had to move onto monthly variable DD, the variable was at my request the monthly was not .The payment date should be on the 22nd of each month. So what you say could make sense to my situation. I did contact Eon next regarding my billing dates and was advised to send manual readings in at the end of each month to adjust the account accordingly. As you point out this could well mess the billing dates up. It gets confusing to keep track of amounts owed as the account never seems to balance regardless of payments made.
    Level 57
    @Mailman
    Thanks for the info, I was swapped over from Eon to Eon Next during mid May 2021,previously I paid my bill quarterly to Eon then had to move onto monthly variable DD, the variable was at my request the monthly was not .The payment date should be on the 22nd of each month. So what you say could make sense to my situation. I did contact Eon next regarding my billing dates and was advised to send manual readings in at the end of each month to adjust the account accordingly. As you point out this could well mess the billing dates up. It gets confusing to keep track of amounts owed as the account never seems to balance regardless of payments made.

I'd be inclined to ask Eon Next when their scheduled smart meter read pull from DCC is (assuming that they can pull your smart meter reads) and desist from making any additional manual reads UNLESS this nominal smart meter read date passes by (give it at least 2 days because they can take a day or two to appear on your account). Just remember that the actual variable DD payment (with a 22nd date) will mean an actual DD taken the following month because that will be circa 17 days after the bill generation!

Just check that your energy account receives an EBSS payment once a month and that your meter reads flow on from one bill generation to the next.
    @Plantagenet @meldrewreborn is absolutely right in this instance and it could be that. If you have a smart meter, your reads should send themselves at the required time to produce a bill. Any reads polled outside of this date will produce a bill.

Sorry it's been a pain in this instance though, but I hope the explanations have helped. Just a thought though, you should be able to go onto a DD version and save some money on the standing charges if you have a DD is set up! Let me know if you want me to have a look into this with you 🙂
    Level 1
    @Beki_EONNext

Hi. I pay by bill. on variable next flex. I have been to the obudsman and your complaints team agreed on a settlement. I was told this was all sorted. They even installed new smart meters. Things was fine for 2 month.
    i have since had 8 bills since 1st September. lastest one today and still says the gas has one pending. when i contacted by phone, the advisor told me it was a system issue due to the £66.00 being credited. This is obviously not the case since the 66£ didnt start till 1st October.
    i have sent an email for complaint officer to contact me. Still waiting. This is causing so much stress and upset. Its bad enough juggling finances as it is these days never mind not knowing when another bill will come from eon.
    the reads are supose to be taken 28th each month. Sept i had 4. Oct ive had 4.
    Last edited by Mandi1972; 02-11-22 at 18:15.
    Hey @Mandi1972, as above, if you pay by receipt of bill, it could be that meter readings were taken by your smart meters (if they are smart) and if you have submitted any, these could also produce a bill.

We are inundated at the moment, however I'm sure they have got your email and will be in touch soon. When did you email?
    Level 91
    @Plantagenet @meldrewreborn is absolutely right in this instance and it could be that. If you have a smart meter, your reads should send themselves at the required time to produce a bill. Any reads polled outside of this date will produce a bill.

Sorry it's been a pain in this instance though, but I hope the explanations have helped. Just a thought though, you should be able to go onto a DD version and save some money on the standing charges if you have a DD is set up! Let me know if you want me to have a look into this with you 🙂

Much as though I would like to take credit in this instance, I think its @Mailman who is absolutely correct!😊
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    @meldrewreborn Oh gosh, it must have been a glitch. Sorry meldrew and spot on @Mailman 😁