How to get paid if in credit

Level 91
    @Johnh1995

Sorry to disagree but the credit balance is the customers money and providing they leave enough to cover any pending bills they are entitled to all of it back.
    That though would probably mean their DD going up because the credit would be zero.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 18
    @Johnh1995

Sorry to disagree but the credit balance is the customers money and providing they leave enough to cover any pending bills they are entitled to all of it back.
    That though would probably mean their DD going up because the credit would be zero.
    Not too sure what you are disagreeing about. Yes, the credit balance is the customers money, but my post simply said that E.on Next may be reluctant to pay back a credit balance dependant on the amount. However, since we now know that the amount involved is £615, I can understand why the customer wants some back if not all. What I don't understand is how any customer can allow their account to be so much in credit.
    Level 92
    What I don't understand is how any customer can allow their account to be so much in credit.

I do...

Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 411
Size:  44.9 KB

There are several reasons. Most revolve around billing issues.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 4
    Thank you for your reply. I have submitted meter readings with photo as requested by EONNEXT, however 12 months ago I had 22 solar panels professionally fitted to my property, all south facing, so my usage has changed dramatically. I contacted EOn next with both photo evidence of the panels as installed, but as my usage of electricity from the grid has changed dramatically there is a question at EONNEXT regarding my usage and NOTHING I do or say will be accepted by the team there and they are refusing to accept my readings and my photo evidence. They seem to forget that last summer was one of the hottest and driest since records began. As an example, the lake in the local park dried up. I have given EONNEXT 7 days to pay my credit amount Otherwise I will do what they would do and start legal proceedings in the Money Claim online system!
    Level 4
    Thank you for your comment on my post, indeed I have emailed my meter reading with photo evidence but still I am told I am not being issued with my credit. I was treated badly by one advisor at EONNext who changed my credit amount to a debit amount, for no reason, this has now been corrected, but I am still not being credited, and I am not being told why! I do wish EONNext would be more open so we could sort out any issues!
    Last edited by L16GSY; 30-10-22 at 08:22. Reason: Soelling
    Level 91
    @L16GSY

if E.On Next are disputing you readings they are entitled to query them. If they strongly dispute them they can insist on sending a meter reader to confirm them. But holding onto you credit balance is not necessary or reasonable in the circumstances. Making a formal complaint can take up to 8 weeks to resolve , after which you can go to the ombudsman. Court action might well take even longer to resolve anything because of their backlog which is massive.

On the basis of this thread , I would use recording equipment while making a final call to customer services , demanding the return of you money with the promise of a complaint to follow.
    Level 91
    @Johnh1995 my disagreement was about them stipulating a level of credit to offset larger winter bills. Now is actually a great time to get credit back and start a new DD as you’ll be in debit virtually the whole year.
    Level 1
    @L16GSY

I also have solar panels and as someone who has had their solar panels for nearly 11 years I can tell you that the amount of electricity you will generate between now and March will be substantially less.

You also have to consider you will be heating your home and generally using far more electricity from the grid than you were in previous months.....unless you have a storage battery, then things may be different for you depending on how much your battery can store and how much you may or may not be drawing from the grid.

From personal experience, my energy usage and therefore the cost more than doubles over the coming months mainly due to my gas heating. However, I will still double my electricity usage during this time (I don't have a battery ☹).

Personally I wouldn't take too much of the credit you have built up as it is very likely you will see your DD increase.

For me, I'd much rather keep my DDs lower than pay double or more than what I'm paying now.

Like you, I have built up a rather large credit myself and have issued a refund for £500 but that still leaves my account £1160 in credit. Also my DD is lower than it was earlier this year plus I will still have sufficient funds/credit on my account to cover the extra cost that the colder, dark winter months will bring.

Come the end of January I will take another look at my account and reassess the credit on my account. If by then I am not using up or still have a good amount of Credit on my account I will issue another refund but will allow enough credit to top up my DD's until end of March 2023.

This has always worked for me and I have never had an issue getting refunded but then I never request more than £500 at a time.

Hope this helps in some way but don't be too quick to empty your account unless you can afford the higher DD each month. The last thing you want right now is to get in to debit especially as we have no idea what will happen over the coming months.