EPG and fixed tariffs

Level 91
    @KevinF

the EPG affected only unit prices not standing charges.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 10
    @meldrewreborn I thought gas was something like 28p whilst I'm paying 42p?
    Level 56

Fixed tariff which is priced above the EPG rates for your area: If you're on a fixed tariff which is priced higher than the EPG rates, the adjustment to unit rates across these tariffs means that we've been unable to alter them down low enough so that you're only paying the capped rates laid out for 1st Oct 2022 - 30th March 2023. Due to this,
    everyone on these tariffs will now be moved to the Standard Variable Tariff, the Next Flex, so that you will benefit from the EPG unit rates until 30th March 2023. If this hasn't happened for you yet, you should receive information about this shortly via an email or letter, and any charges will be backdated to 1st October so that you don't miss out.

If you're moved off of your fixed tariff to the Next Flex tariff,
    you won't pay higher than your original fixed priced contract regardless of what happens in April.

This means if we've had to move you to the Next Flex tariff so that you're paying the government EPG rates and your fixed tariff was due to run, as an example, until 17th June 2023, then you won't pay anything higher than what was agreed on the fixed tariff you had taken out, which we had to move you from, until after 17th June 2023 (please bear in mind, the dates here are an example)

Once we have clarity from the government on what will happen to energy prices from 1st April onwards, we'll be in touch with all of our customers to let you know what will happen next.

3 questions that I hope can be answered without too much delay. 👍

As we all know what is happening to the EPG from April 1st, I'd like to ask a couple of questions that some of us, especially those who are still technically on a fixed rate tariff need answers to ASAP (preferably before April 1st).

in the above

"If you're on a fixed tariff which is priced higher than the EPG rates, the adjustment to unit rates across these tariffs means that we've been unable to alter them down low enough so that you're only paying the capped rates laid out for 1st Oct 2022 - 30th March 2023. Due to this, everyone on these tariffs will now be moved to the Standard Variable Tariff, the Next Flex, so that you will benefit from the EPG unit rates until 30th March 2023."

• Will this now be changed to reflect the new EPG ? i.e.

"If you're on a fixed tariff which is priced higher than the EPG rates, the adjustment to unit rates across these tariffs means that we've been unable to alter them down low enough so that you're only paying the capped rates laid out for 1st April 2023 - 30th June 2023. Due to this, everyone on these tariffs will now be moved to the Standard Variable Tariff, the Next Flex, so that you will benefit from the EPG unit rates until 30th june 2023."

• Will the section "Due to this, everyone on these tariffs will now be moved to the Standard Variable Tariff, the Next Flex" happen automatically/continue as it did last October?

Last October many customers with a fixed tariff (inc myself) received a 'customer service gesture' to counteract the difference (a slight increase in Next Flex SC compared to v18 for myself) in standing charges that was paid for from October 1st-March 31st.

• Will the difference in standing charges for my v18 fix (and others) compared to the April SVT Next Flex EPG rates be similarly compensated (for the period 1st April-30th June) if Eon Next moves or continues to apply Next Flex EPG unit rates to fixed tariffs that are higher than SVT after the fixed-price reductions?

Last edited by Mailman; 16-03-23 at 15:43.
    @Mailman Fabulous questions as always and before I reply, I'd like to ensure I'm giving you all the correct info, so I've reached out to our EPG person. I'll pop back to you when they reply 😊
    Level 56
    @Beki_EONNext

Much appreciated 👍

FYI, I've run the various tariff/SC numbers against my anticipated usage for the next 3 months and there is a difference (lowest being £321, the highest being £338) between the options that face me (and others) commencing in 14 days. I am delaying ringing up CS (if indeed I need to at all) depending on the outcome of the specifics I've raised and how Eon Next approach the next phase of EPG for those who were originally on fixed tariffs when EPG started in October 2022.
    @Mailman Absolutely! Still awaiting a response but will chase tomorrow when the 9-5ers are back.
    Hope you're keeping well!
    Level 56
    @Mailman Absolutely! Still awaiting a response but will chase tomorrow when the 9-5ers are back.
    Hope you're keeping well!

Will await what emerges. 🤞

Yes keeping well and thankfully the weather has gone back to being more like the 'norm' for March. Managed to even get the first real weeding done of the year and seeds for summer bedding plants set away in our pop-up small greenhouse. At this rate I'll be cutting the grass in 2 weeks. 😁 Finally starting to see the gas usage to where it needs to be after a poor month for the central heating. 🙄
    Level 56

Just bumping this as some of us still don't know what is going on or indeed if any decision has been made as to the fixed rate EPG implementation post-April. 👍
    @Mailman Nothing back from them just yet but I am confident they're working through it. Have any of you had any emails about the new prices from 1st April yet?
    Level 92
    @Beki_EONNext

I've had mine yesterday, and @DebF_EONNext may have mentioned to you it's at odds with what's showing up erroneously on the online account. I'm just Next Flex though.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.