Direct debit date and conflicting bill information

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    I set up a direct debit as a new customer last month, then around a week or two later received a bill stating I don’t have a direct debit in place. The response I received in garbled English via an email query was really unhelpful:

“Apologies for the unexpected email I do see too you not on a direct debit please do ignore.”

So,

1. Is my direct debit going to be used or not and if not will I have to make manual payments?

2. I’ve already missed the due date of +7 days from the bill. So am I late? Will this affect my credit score?

3. What date does the DD get taken? I can’t find this information in my account.
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @db99
    this is mainly a customer to customer forum, so we can only give an opinion. I get an email a few days before the DD is taken - you can also check with you bank whether the DD ha been set up. I think this will not cause you any difficulty.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.