Tariff rates showing what they would've been before the EPG

Level 92
    I'm trying to work out how to export my twitter DM but can only screenshot it and this forum doesn't support images or videos.

I think you will find that it does...

Name:  Photo0584.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  45.5 KB

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    @retrotecchie

How? 😆 there doesn't seem to be an option for it
    Last edited by SnAkEs1210; 04-11-22 at 23:01.
    I think you will find that it does...

Name:  Photo0584.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  45.5 KB
    Great picture 😆
    Ah, has to be desktop site

Name:  Screenshot_20221104-225233_Chrome.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  15.4 KBName:  Screenshot_20221104-225246_Chrome.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  18.3 KB
    Level 92
    @retrotecchie

How? 😆 I there doesn't seem to be an option for it
    Use the image or video link, to the top right of your edit box, upload your picture (your saved screenshot, for example) and job done...

Name:  Capture upload.PNG
Views: 368
Size:  40.8 KB

The cows were just a distraction...the photo was supposed to be the solar panel install on the barn in the background.
    Name:  Screenshot_20221104-225233_Chrome.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  15.4 KB@retrotecchie

Ah yeah, I found it thanks. I was using a mobile phone so don't have those options by default. I can reply, reply with a quote or edit one of my own posts. Switching to desktop site gives me more options.
    Last edited by SnAkEs1210; 04-11-22 at 23:15.
    Name:  Screenshot_20221104-231434_Twitter.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  23.7 KBName:  Screenshot_20221104-231417_Twitter.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  22.9 KB
    Last edited by SnAkEs1210; 05-11-22 at 08:08.
    Level 92
    @SnAkEs1210

you say you have transferred your FIT to Octopus, but do you actually have a written signed contract for your 15p a unit exported yet?

The reason I ask is that the amount paid for FIT varies according to various parameters of your pv system. Those factors include date the system was commissioned onto the FIT scheme, EPC rating of your property, size of system and a couple of other factors too.

The OFGEM figures for fit are indeed set in stone and can vary anywhere between 15p a unit down to 2.1p a unit depending on those factors.

If a supplier pay more than the OFGEM figures, then that is perfectly fine. They are not allowed to pay any less. But it is very unlikely that they pay 5 times more than the schedule states.

That 15p may be a 'headline figure' or the maximum that can be paid for an optimal system. If, once the paperwork has been done, and your system falls into a lower category, you will be paid a lower unit rate. I'm getting 21p /kWh on a system I installed on a previous house back in 2005, plus I get to use the 'free electricity, or rather my ex wife does, because that was one of the first systems ln FIT, that was the rate at the time and the contract was for 25 years. A neighbour had an identical system installed in 2011 and they get 4.5p a unit for ten years because that was the deal when he signed up.

To be honest, if an import unit is 34p and an export unit is that low, or even 15p if you do qualify for the higher rate, you will be 19p a unit better off if you used all your generation when you are generating, and importing less units when the sun ain't shining.

My first PV system didn't even qualify as it was a DIY system, could not be MCS certified and was only 500Wp, but it powered all the lights and the small loads in the house and saved me about £40/year on not buying in grid units.
    @SnAkEs1210

you say you have transferred your FIT to Octopus, but do you actually have a written signed contract for your 15p a unit exported yet?

The reason I ask is that the amount paid for FIT varies according to various parameters of your pv system. Those factors include date the system was commissioned onto the FIT scheme, EPC rating of your property, size of system and a couple of other factors too.

The OFGEM figures for fit are indeed set in stone and can vary anywhere between 15p a unit down to 2.1p a unit depending on those factors.

If a supplier pay more than the OFGEM figures, then that is perfectly fine. They are not allowed to pay any less. But it is very unlikely that they pay 5 times more than the schedule states.

That 15p may be a 'headline figure' or the maximum that can be paid for an optimal system. If, once the paperwork has been done, and your system falls into a lower category, you will be paid a lower unit rate. I'm getting 21p /kWh on a system I installed on a previous house back in 2005, plus I get to use the 'free electricity, or rather my ex wife does, because that was one of the first systems ln FIT, that was the rate at the time and the contract was for 25 years. A neighbour had an identical system installed in 2011 and they get 4.5p a unit for ten years because that was the deal when he signed up.

To be honest, if an import unit is 34p and an export unit is that low, or even 15p if you do qualify for the higher rate, you will be 19p a unit better off if you used all your generation when you are generating, and importing less units when the sun ain't shining.

My first PV system didn't even qualify as it was a DIY system, could not be MCS certified and was only 500Wp, but it powered all the lights and the small loads in the house and saved me about £40/year on not buying in grid units.

I have given Octopus all of my details and sent off a copy of the MCS certificate and they have confirmed via email that I will be paid a fixed rate of 15p per kWh.

Here is what they stipulate on their website

"Outgoing Octopus comes in two flavours – Fixed or Agile. Outgoing Fixed guarantees 15p per kWh for every unit you export. Outgoing Agile matches your half-hourly prices with day-ahead wholesale rates, helping you make the most of the energy you generate."

And can be found here

https://octopus.energy/outgoing/

From what I understand it is a new scheme that they have introduced.

Yes, it would make sense to use what I generate, however I am at work during daylight hours so unfortunately pretty much everything goes back in to the grid. My house doesn't use very much energy at all when I'm not there.