Tariff rates showing what they would've been before the EPG

Community Team
    @Deviljane666 that's great to hear, so glad you are all up to date now 😊 Thanks for taking the time to get back to us and let us know how you got on!
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

Looking for the latest price cap information? Visit this thread Ofgem energy price cap 1 July 2024 - How will this affect my E.ON Next tariff?
    Is anyone else's tariffs showing the prices before the EPG mine are showing that my electricity is 50.87 p/KWH and gas at 14.66 p/KHW, surely this isn't right I did ring yesterday and they said it would be rectified at midnight and that they was pulling everyone's smart meter readings then too but it looks like they haven't done either

Yes, mine was also stated as 53p per KWh for electricity despite the price cap. I reached out for help via email, WhatsApp and twitter nearly two months ago and nobody got back to me. I was very worried and thought I might get charged at that rate and i also didn't know what my monthly bill would be so I have since then switched to Octopus Energy and am very happy with their customer service.

Let's face it, at a time when there is a price cap, the only thing that separates energy companies is their actual service. E.ons was absolutely abysmal, well worse than that, non-existent. This is probably the worst time for e.on to not respond. People are worried sick about what is going on.

Not only that but I have solar panels and e.on will only pay me 3p per KWh that i export to the grid, despite wanting to charge me 53p per KWh! albeit before the price cap. They have told me that the feed in tariff rate is set by Ofgem and that they have to pay 3p per kWh but guess what? I just switched to Octopus and they are now paying me 15p per kWh. They have taken the initiative to actually pay their customers more for the energy they produce.

As I said, Octopus Energy customer service seems to be far superior to e.ons and if you have solar panels, I would 100% recommend that you switch to Octopus energy and get a better rate for energy produced.
    Last edited by PeterT_EONNext; 05-11-22 at 15:59. Reason: Spam
    @DebF_EONNext it's nice when people respond isn't it.
    @Tommysgirli thought it was just me too, I've been up most of the night worrying about and trying to find information on it x

Yes, it's absolutely disgusting. I contacted them over a month ago, didn't hear anything back from them so i switched to Octopus energy. Their customer service is so much better than e.ons and i would recommend them.

Let's face it, if prices are capped, the only thing that separates energy companies is their service and e.ons is abysmal so why stay?
    Last edited by SnAkEs1210; 04-11-22 at 19:44.
    Hey there, Beki here 👋

I've been working away from home today so please excuse the rather late message.

I have read a lot of your messages today and I firstly want to thank you for being so passionate about supporting other members on the forum. Your ability to hold space for one another and empathise with other members is the definition of a Community.

The past week or so has been crazy across the industry. As a business, E.ON Next has been dealing with increasing high demand and part of this is due to the unexpected tariff situation.

We first heard rumbles of these errors on Saturday morning, when the first messages started to come in via social media. We initially thought, that this would be a much quicker fix than it has been and the tech team are continually working tirelessly to get this error fixed. We are aware that this must have been upsetting for some customers but please be assured that it will get resolved.

On top of the email, social media and telephone demand, the entire Community Team has also been inundated with private messages and emails. I fully understand that we haven't been as public facing as we usually are on the Community and did not update the EPG thread that was quickly created two weeks ago after the government announcement.

We definitely should have popped a message here and you’ve helped to highlight that gap in our process and so going forward, we have a few things that will be fully implemented in the next couple of weeks, to ensure this doesn't happen again:

- Already in the works is a 'Community Team' tag in which our members will be able to flag down the team if assistance is needed.

- We will add a service thread, which will help our more frequent members give some direction should they need to support.

I hope that you will see these changes as an improvement to the ever growing and advancing Community. Should you wish to pop me some feedback or ideas for changed, let's begin another thread, perhaps in the 'Get Involved' section.

Anyway that I can help, I will.
    Beki

Yes, you didnt say it, but I am sure you are so very sorry for worrying your customers as a result of an error with your system. I am also sure that you are very sorry for not responding to your worried customers when they asked for help.

Personally I think that this is inexcusable at a time like this. As if people haven't got enough to worry about and no customer service is absolutely disgraceful.

I switched to Octopus Energy and finally E.on decided to get back to me regarding the issue with my tariff being incorrect. Too late, you had your chance and Octopus' customer service is so much better. Why anyone would stay with E.on when the price is capped and their customer service is so poor is beyond me.
    @Beki_EONNext
    no, totally incorrect, my tariff was still incorrect on the 26th of October. Contacted e.on nearly over a month ago and did not receive a response. Disgraceful.

PRICES ARE CAPPED PEOPLE! WHY STAY WITH A COMPANY THAT TREATS IT'S CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS?
    Last edited by SnAkEs1210; 04-11-22 at 19:49.
    Hey @SnAkEs1210 👋

I'm really sorry that it came to you leaving but, I am really glad that Octopus are treating you well.
    If you want to, I'd love to take some feedback so we can see where we went wrong and how we can improve for future customers.
    @Beki_EONNext

Yes, it went a bit like this

29/09/2022, 09:23 - This business works with other companies to manage this chat. Tap to learn more.
    29/09/2022, 09:23 - SnAkEs1210: Start conversation
    29/09/2022, 09:24 - SnAkEs1210: Hello, is it possible to get some help understanding the variable tariff that I am going to be moved to please
    08/10/2022, 09:31 - +44 808 501 5200: Hi there, we’re really sorry we haven’t got back to you sooner. We’re a lot busier
    than normal at the moment. If you still need our help please reply with ‘yes’ and
    we’ll be with you as soon as we can. Thanks so much for your patience.
    09/10/2022, 11:37 - SnAkEs1210: Yes
    09/10/2022, 11:40 - SnAkEs1210: 'Yes'
    10/10/2022, 08:41 - SnAkEs1210: My fixed rate tariff is coming to an end in the next few days and I haven't been provided with a new tariff.
    10/10/2022, 11:29 - SnAkEs1210: Yes
    10/10/2022, 11:29 - SnAkEs1210: Hello?
    10/10/2022, 11:30 - SnAkEs1210: Is it possible to have my projected bill updated please?
    10/10/2022, 11:32 - SnAkEs1210: <Media omitted>
    11/10/2022, 09:48 - SnAkEs1210: Yes
    12/10/2022, 13:00 - SnAkEs1210: Well, the clock is ticking now. If you can't provide me with the relevant information, I will switch energy supplier
    22/10/2022, 17:31 - +44 808 501 5200: Hi there, we’re really sorry we haven’t got back to you sooner. We’re a lot busier
    than normal at the moment. If you still need our help please reply with ‘yes’ and
    we’ll be with you as soon as we can. Thanks so much for your patience.

This was my WhatsApp chat. I also contacted e.on via email and twitter. No response, an automated bot just kept asking for my name address and account number or email address, which I provided time and time again before giving up.
    Last edited by SnAkEs1210; 04-11-22 at 19:13.
    Hey @SnAkEs1210 👋

I'm really sorry that it came to you leaving but, I am really glad that Octopus are treating you well.
    If you want to, I'd love to take some feedback so we can see where we went wrong and how we can improve for future customers.

No customer service from e.on. Automated responses advising me to visit the e.on community to see if I can get help and here are some of the responses from your volunteers

https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ll=1#post16697

https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ll=1#post16704