EON Next Applies Wrong Tariff from 1st October

Level 91
    The notice that was on the online account login page did state, ' Please note that your bills will be correct... '.

Perhaps the Forum Eon Next staff will be along soon to reiterate that and calm everyone's nerves. 🤔
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 9
    The notice that was on the online account login page did state, ' Please note that your bills will be correct... '.

Perhaps the Forum Eon Next staff will be along soon to reiterate that and calm everyone's nerves. 🤔

are the bills correct though? I could almost understand it if they hadn’t updated the tariffs but had adjusted the direct debits. The only change to my next direct debit from the full v19 price is the £67 deduction has been applied.

I also see on these forums some people have had an email telling them what their rate was going to be, I’ve had nothing!

it’s an absolute farce. We can only hope tomorrow (Monday) may bring some clarification. I’ll say one thing though, I work in IT, and I cannot for the life of me understand how EON Next have dropped the ball so badly given the notice they had to make these changes - if anything like this had happened where I work they would have had the team in fixing this over the weekend!!!
    Level 6

I also see on these forums some people have had an email telling them what their rate was going to be, I’ve had nothing!

Me neither.

The very least they could do is publish/email a table with the correct new rates by region for each tariff so we could work out what we will be paying for ourself, no programming, or database fixes required, just a bit of typing an an email shot.
    Level 91
    The community team have been conspicuous by their absence. They’ve probably been reassigned to the phones, Twitter and the like. Puts the management priorities there for all to see.
    or is it all a cunning plan to get forum numbers up ? now over 11,000!
    Last edited by meldrewreborn; 02-10-22 at 12:51.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Seems they've finally got round to removing the incorrect tariffs and replaced it with a message 'Prices are updating.
    See your email for details' - which they should have done in first place.
    @FPX
    I checked my account a few minutes ago and saw the "Prices are updating" too. Finally, they seem to be taking action. They could have saved us all a lot of distress, and themselves a lot of complaints if, as you so rightly say, they had done this in the first place. (Strange how they had no apparent difficulty applying the higher Ofgem price cap tariffs, yet have taken so long to start correcting our accounts to the lower EPG prices). I would love to know how many complaints they have received about this, I don't think they will tell us, but I will be content if they correct the problem for us all.
    Level 8
    Seems they've finally got round to removing the incorrect tariffs and replaced it with a message 'Prices are updating.
    See your email for details' - which they should have done in first place.
    Fine but no email received yet
    Level 78
    This is what's on my account page. Has been there since yesterday. No mention of any emails!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    @sc489
    They might mean the emails they sent last week confirming the new prices. Mine was sent 28/9/22 and shows the right prices. I've also checked my smart meter IHD tariffs about half an hour ago, and the electricity tariff has been changed to the right EPG price, but not the gas price yet, so hopefully things are moving in the right direction.
    Level 9
    @sc489
    They might mean the emails they sent last week confirming the new prices. Mine was sent 28/9/22 and shows the right prices. I've also checked my smart meter IHD tariffs about half an hour ago, and the electricity tariff has been changed to the right EPG price, but not the gas price yet, so hopefully things are moving in the right direction.

I’ve not had any emails about new prices…..