Fixed tariff in August, no communication from EON

Level 5
    In their blog EON say "we will contact all customers on fixed tariffs". I fixed on v15 in August but should be eligible for a discount down to the announced price floor.

I have had no contact from them at all, despite asking 3 times on Twitter, so I'm now resorting to here.

E.ON when are you going to contact me to tell me if I have to take action or not? This is really unacceptable customer service.
  • 5 Replies

Level 56
    With this v 15 tariff there is no need to take any action as rates will be reduced automatically (down to the capped rates). Expect to see alot of change to the information showing in your online account in the coming days. Whether you get an email or letter is debatable. Have faith that you will get cheaper rates on your fix from October 1st.
    Level 5
    The problem is that nobody from E.ON is saying anything at all. No reply on Twitter, nobody replying on here apart from other community members.

When a company says "we will contact you" it is not unreasonable to expect them to follow through with their promise, particularly when everything on their website says that fixed tariffs are not changing at all on Oct 1st other than a single blog reference.
    Level 18
    This was my communication today by e mail
    "Hi John,
    Thank you for getting in touch.
    The tariff will change in October, hence we recommend staying on a fixed term contract as we will amend the unit price to fall in line with the new prices.
    You don't need to change your current fixed tariff straight away! As we have no exit fees you can of course change your tariff at any point should you wish to do so."
    No worries
    Last edited by Johnh1995; 29-09-22 at 16:12. Reason: Spelling
    Level 56
    This was my communication today by e mail
    "Hi John,
    Thank you for getting in touch.
    The tariff will change in October, hence we recommend staying on a fixed term contract as we will amend the unit price to fall in line with the new prices.
    You don't need to change your current fixed tariff straight away! As we have no exit fees you can of course change your tariff at any point should you wish to do so."
    No worries

Thanks for this John although this is just as vague esp we will amend the unit price to fall in line with the new prices. I can only imagine the furore and justifiable indignation if fixed rate tariffs esp those on v20/v19 do not drop to the rates of someone in the same region on the new EPG/SVT cap. I'm not bothered about knowing the actual rates but I am bothered about whether Eon Next will reduce the fixed unit rates in excess of the 17p/4.2p reductions for E/G originally promulgated weeks ago by HMG.

The fact that Eon Next have not re-stated the 17p/4.2p reductions for E/G in their reply to you might lead many to infer that they will go all the way to the EPG cap. We shall see.
    Level 5
    Sure enough no change this morning.

E,ON are useless.