Mother 86 - wrong bill

Level 1
    Hi

My elderly mother has lived in flat for the last 2 years.

we recently input her meter readings.../

The app said her account was £500 in credit before we input the readings
    Now it says she is £900 in debit...

Looking at her meter readings (economy 7 so r1 and r4)
    Since she moved in the readings seem to have been transposed several times over the 2 years.

How do I get eon to check the original meter readings when she moved in and the current meter reading. and work out what she has paid and what the real balance is..

I have tried and all they want to do is give her the current incorrect bill

THIS IS OBVIOUSLY REALLY STRESSING AN 86 YEAR OLD LADY
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @Antdon

If it's a long time between readings, then it's likely that there have been several very substantial price increases and the swing in the account balance might not be that far out. When you say r1 and r4 is that correct? I think (i'm not the expert in these matters!) that economy 7 meters generally show R1 and R2, plus another which is the aggregate of the two other readings. Can you show a picture of the meter and our expert @theunknowntech can cast his magic eye over it?

Insist that she be put on the priority services register and that her meter be read by an Eon Next appointed reader. I presume that it's not a smart meter, because that would raise further issues as to why the readings haven't been going through automatically. If you can get to her statements, could you post the numbers in the top 3 boxes of her supply number, next to the big S, top right on page 2 of her statements.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 91
    @Antdon

The first thing that springs to my mind is whether the readings are actual or estimated. A £500 credit has built up since the previous reading. Were those readings actual or do they have an E after them?

Are the latest readings accurate and tally with what you are reading? If the readings are actual and accurate then you may be able to get an idea what the current balance should be by applying the tariff rates.

Hope you get this resolved soon.
    Last edited by JoeSoap; 14-09-22 at 10:17. Reason: punctuation
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.