Incorrect tariff in IHD

Level 1
    Hi there. My tariff changed almost a month ago but my IHDs are still showing the old rates. I have restarted them several times and reconnected to the smart meters but they haven’t updated.

I did contact customer service who bizarrely told me that the IHD would never update as it was “a free gift” and that I should throw it away and buy another from Amazon.

I showed the customer service rep the pages on this forum and he then told me it had been passed on to the appropriate team to action. That was 2 weeks ago and nothing has happened.
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    @Kenc99

For some reason that is beyond me, this happens an awful lot. In fact, way too much. With the new SVR and resulting changes to fixed tariffs on 1 Oct, it may be worth hanging on until then as you’ll probably have to go through it all again.

You never know, perhaps they’ll have something in place by then so that all our IHDs update automatically on the day.

I wouldn’t hold my breath though.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.