Old Npower Smart meter not connected to EON yet

Level 91
    @peterbu

Yes its disgraceful. But some SMETS1 meters will never be made to work again, others are still in the process of being enrolled onto the DCC network, and the whole process is taking ages, so the ads on the TV are very misleading. Priority is given to installing new meters to customers with non smart meters, not fixing old dumb smart meters.

However, half of customers still have traditional style metering and only have access to their meter readings - I'm one of them. So you are not alone by any means.

If you know your consumption and the prices, the rate of VAT and the standing charge details, its relatively easy to work out you billing. And working in units consumed get rid of complication caused by price changes. If you monitor and control your consumption the bills will follow OK.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 5
    Just an FYI update for anyone still having the same issues I finally got my Npower meters replaced with EON SMETS 2 ones, and the first SMART meter readings have been taken, approximately 2 years after they stopped working following the EON to EONNEXT transition
    Level 81
    Just an FYI update for anyone still having the same issues I finally got my Npower meters replaced with EON SMETS 2 ones, and the first SMART meter readings have been taken, approximately 2 years after they stopped working following the EON to EONNEXT transition
    Great news 👍. There's hope for the rest of us. Shame it took so long. 👴
    Community Team
    @peterbu I'm glad to hear this has been rectified for you - thank you for sending the update. How are you finding the update to Smets 2 meters?
    Last edited by Connor_EONNext; 27-09-23 at 11:37.
    🌳Together we can work to achieve a more sustainable Future 🌳