Fixed rate tarrif - right to move back to SVR?

Level 91
    …You will not be charged any additional and the re-price will be back dated to the date you selected your new tariff...

If I read that part of Eon Next’s response correctly then those of us who have fixed tariffs above the new price cap will be getting the difference refunded back to our tariff start date.

Doesn’t sound right to me but I’d be happy to accept.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 18
    If I read that part of Eon Next’s response correctly then those of us who have fixed tariffs above the new price cap will be getting the difference refunded back to our tariff start date.

Doesn’t sound right to me but I’d be happy to accept.
    I signed up for Online v14 a few months ago and was feeling quite good when Eon then overrode this tariff with versions 15,16,17,18,19,20 and 21 when the unit rates were increasing all the time. All a waste however, as everybody now will come down to the EPG. I just wish thst Eon would confirm EXACTLY the unit rates thst they will be charging me. My new contract starts in 15 days time
    Level 91
    @Johnh1995

It’s all a bit confusing right enough. I’ve no idea if I’m reading things right but all of us on fixed tariffs need to choose whether to jump now our stick on it. I chose to stick.
    Level 56
    I signed up for Online v14 a few months ago and was feeling quite good when Eon then overrode this tariff with versions 15,16,17,18,19,20 and 21 when the unit rates were increasing all the time. All a waste however, as everybody now will come down to the EPG. I just wish thst Eon would confirm EXACTLY the unit rates thst they will be charging me. My new contract starts in 15 days time

I looked at your Online V14 DD rates for my area (Northern) and compared them to the October 1st SVT/EPG rates announced on MSE Regional EPG Rates and now announced by EDF

I have no reason to expect Eon Next's rates will differ by more than pennies (from either EDF's figures or MSE's) once they announce their rates. I am equally sure that Eon Next will present a similar document to their customers very soon as well.

WRT to your v14 tariff if you look at the unit rates that you should expect to pay from October 1st, I see an electricity rate on your fixed rate V14 that would drop to 34.0p/kWh (or very close to it - i.e you will be paying the same rate/kWh as someone who is on the SVT/EPG). You will not get a reduction that will take you lower than this nominal 34.0p/kWh (because of the floor announced in the BEIS Factsheet)

Your gas rate (for Northern region) however is set at 9.73p/kWh so is less than the EPG 'floor' rate of 10.3p/kWh so should remain the same. It therefore follows that (as things stand) you will pay marginally less for your gas by approx 0.57p/kWh. So for someone using 10,000 kWh/pa gas this would make a difference of £57 in favour of staying on their fix. I have ignored the effect of the standing charges difference (between v14 SC and the Oct 1st Oct cap SC) but it is not going to wipe out the £57.

In my case (v20), I would go down to the gas cap rate of 10.3p/kWh but I would end up being slightly higher, after the EPG fixed rate 17p reduction, than the SVT October 1st electricity cap rate. That is why I am reverting back to SVT when my current v7 fix ends (on 1st October) rather than moving to a v20 fix.

I agree that Eon Next should prioritise making the information available ASAP, so that all fixed tariff customers such as yourself have all the facts at their disposal before 'sticking or twisting'.
    Last edited by Mailman; 16-09-22 at 16:45. Reason: word insertion
    Level 3
    tomorrow will be Oct 1st, will the new tariff be effective?