Gas Calculation - Maths errors

Level 45
    You say it may only be pennies but they all add up.

Just think if eon "mistakenly" took an extra penny from every customer in every direct debit...that's a lot of free money at the end of the year.

And how many people would complain about a few pence, let alone even notice it?

Insignificant and pointless I would have thought, especially when they just add a tenth or two of a penny to the cost of 1 kWh and they'll be reaping it in every hour of the day and night.
    Level 1
    @JimL I have exactly the same error in basic arithmetic on around 20% of my bills. The rest of this thread seems to miss the point. I've raised it with E.ON Next and they tell me that their system is automated and not prone to errors.They also say this issue has not been raised before. I don't think it results in incorrect amounts being billed. It just makes it impossible to verify the amount being billed. Nothing to do with rounding, smart meters and all the other things mentioned. It's a simple error in arithmetic that a 10 year old could correct.
    Level 5
    @houghtonj957 That statement " system is automated and not prone to errors.They also say this issue has not been raised before" raises 2 questions in my mind
    1. The incorrect result of the equation clearly shows an error - so the 1st statement is fatuous.
    2. I raised this issue when I started this thread. I also raised it again last week (5/8/24) as a complaint because EON fabricated a previous meter reading (plucked out of thin air) AND got the calculation wrong (again) to boot. So the 2nd statement is a blatant LIE! If you speak to them again about this and they tell you "it's never been raised before" ask them to check complaint ref - 1571464.
    Also, the equation error DOES result in incorrect amounts being billed. 2p in my case. Irrelevant you say. The advisor told me EON have 3 million customers. That amounts to £60,000 per month at 2p per customer
    Last edited by JimL; 2 Hours Ago at 17:51. Reason: remove hash tag