Gas smart meter has never worked properly

Level 1
    We moved into a new build property a year ago and the gas meter has never worked properly since it was installed. I have to submit manual readings all the time. As it’s not connected to Eon/Eon next or the indoor display. I’ve phoned & emailed eon & eon next but still not resolved The electric meter works fine & not had any issues. How can I get this resolved?
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    @Powerful

Via customer services.

Just for info the gas meter circuitry is powered by a supposedly long life battery and connects half hourly to the communications hub attached to your electricity meter for the data to be then passed on via the DCC to eon next. As the electricity is working OK the fault is likely to be in the radio type connection between the gas meter and the communications hub. As you are able to read the meter manually it would seem the gas meter is functioning to the extent of measuring and recording consumption. Apologies if you already knew all that.

Its just possible that any issue could be fixed remotely, but if not its an engineer visit.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.