Smart meter not communicating following migration

Level 92
    @user1952

I never said it was fair.

Like I pay a proportion of my standing charge towards the smart metering rollout whether I want one or not.

Likewise, a proportion of of my taxes goes to help pay for student debt that is written off, or for schools that I don't send the kids I don't have to.

And the proportion of Council Tax I pay for bin collections I don't use or the police precept that just seems to pay for the bloke with the speed camera rather than actually putting people on a rural beat to investigate crime.

It is what it is. If you don't accept the status quo, might I suggest a letter to your local MP? If enough people did that, something might eventually get done.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 1
    I rather think that the "local MP" and their colleagues are the authors of most, if not all, of what we are not happy with.
    It is unlikely that the birds will be dissuaded from feathering their own nests by a few letters from their benefactors, the taxpayer.

One has to marvel at a system that in one lifetime has managed to turn free at the point of contact further education with a grant
    towards student accomodation, into pay at every opportunity and be saddled with "student debt".
    Also that in the same lifetime the same system has managed to turn on the job and paid training to be a nurse, into £64.000 for
    "nursing degree".

None of this is likely to enable E.on to manage their smart meter system though.

Last edited by user1952; 16-03-23 at 12:49.
    Level 1
    Hello,
    for the record, this is all now resolved.
    A new Smart meter has been fitted and is working at it should.
    Thanks are due to Beki and her colleagues for their efforts.
    Last edited by user1952; 16-03-23 at 12:29.
    Level 91
    @user1952

Well done. Yours was a smets2 meter I think and stopped working after your transfer from Symbio. Were you able to read it manually and submit readings?

What finally happened to persuade them to fit a new meter? I only ask in order to try to help others who have similar problems in the future.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    Hello,
    long story short, I just asked regularly, eventually made a formal complaint, deflected an attempt to
    wind the process back to the beginning and finally, when there was clearly nothing left but to do something,
    E.ON sent the technician who could have come within a few weeks.

I am very pleased that it is finally fixed and readily accept that it was never top priority, as I could and indeed did,
    read the meter and send in regular monthly readings.

I have thanked those who have helped me out, both privately and publicly but I cannot really commend a customer
    service that took around 15 months to get this done.
    Last edited by user1952; 10-06-23 at 11:59.