Charges in the migration period?

Level 1
    Hello. I was, like millions of others pushed here with little choice.

My account started with £494.99 in Feb, then I was charged £506 for electricity in march. Is this catching up with energy used while the transfer from my previous supplier occurred?
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @GaryAllen

Your account with your old supplier will have had a specified end date, with energy charged up to that end date and appropriate readings. So the credit should be a true representation of your account when you left them. Your new account should start with the same end reading from your old supplier. You need to check your readings right back from your old supplier through to now and see that there are no gaps in the readings or double counting - the same units being charged twice.

Without know your energy mix and usage its impossible to answer your question with certainty. Sometimes large bills are based on over estimates and checking the detail will reveal the true situation.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.