March 2022 Meter Reading

Level 1
    I submitted my meter readings for the end of March and they included March 31st. Why did the resulting gas and electricity bills only include up to March 30th?
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Hey @PattiG welcome to the community 😀

Deb here i'm one of the community co-ordinators 👋, thanks for taking the time to post!

When you submit a reading you're billed up to that date so you were billed up to the 31st but not including the 31st.

Your next bill will be from the 31st up to your next meter reading for example: lets say you submitted your reading today of 00001 you would be billed to (but not including) 8th May using that reading of 00001, then the next bill period would start on 8th May be billed from the same reading 00001 to your next reading. So assuming you give a reading on the same date each month (8th for this example) you would be billed up to (but not including) 8th June, the next period would start on the 8th with that same reading.

I hope this helps?
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 04/05/24 🏖