Energy prices up by 80%+ for me

Level 1
    Having just come off of a fixed tariff, I am horrified to see my energy bill will increase by over 80% from the end of May.

I've seen the "fix your tariff" messages and looked at a quote and NONE of the fixed rates offered are any lower. How can the energy companies sleep at night knowing that most of their customers - even those with well paid jobs - are being royally shafted?

What options are there open to people when even switching is no longer an option to save money?

Your energy saving tips are a joke - like a good citizen I applied for insulation etc. in the past and had my loft re-insulated but my cavity walls cannot be insulated as someone did a half baked job years ago (before I moved into my current house) using materials that cannot be mixed with what is used today.

On top of this, my heating system is based on a Warm Air system, so my house is not fitted with radiators, so your tips in that area is as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

My family and I are as energy efficient as I can within the limitations of the house I live in, but am seriously at a loss as to how I'm going to find nearly double the money to maintain my household.

One question that is never satisfactorily answered in my opinion is why prices are so high, especially when EON claim my energy is 100% renewable. I thought renewables were the future and cheaper, which is clearly nonsense.

Ultimately, you don't care about your customers, just lining the pockets of your shareholders.
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Level 29
    Best Answer
    One question that is never satisfactorily answered in my opinion is why prices are so high, especially when EON claim my energy is 100% renewable. I thought renewables were the future and cheaper, which is clearly nonsense.

Ultimately, you don't care about your customers, just lining the pockets of your shareholders.
    I'm sorry to hear that you are so disappointed in the rise in energy prices and the implications thereof; however we are all in it together including all those energy companies that have to date gone bankrupt and may be about to. What do you suggest we do about it then? Do you want the government to shake the magic money tree like they did with the furlough scheme and subsidise it or/and re-nationalise it while they are at it? That sounds unrealistic, or does it? Actually we are going to pay big time for the furlough scheme; how do you feel about that then; pray tell🙏
    My maxim would go something like this: -
    If you can't beat em, join em (get shares)🤑

Eon Next Customer