meter reading wrong way round

Level 1
    Can anyone advise on my next step.

on 7 april 2022 I telephoned eon to give a meter reading. the fella said some of your night and day reading are the wrong way round and he would correct them. He made the corrections as far as i am aware as far back as March 2019.
    then he told me i was £486 in credit. i said when i gave a meter reading in jan 2022 it was 1136 in credit. how is this i have one econamy 7 heater on and was expecting a bill of around 250 similar to my last reading.
    each time i have giving a manual reading to eon. i have myself compared it to what i have used
    and it matched up with what was being recorded online.
    since the changes . looking at my statement online there is new charges , all after the january when i gave my reading.
    now there is 3 new costs all on the 15 march 2022. for £500, £244, and £125.
    are these cost related to back dated figures being put in order and are these payments costed at the present Kwh charges. also can eon change information going back so long without explaining it all
    i have no way of looking any further into these amounts and what they relate to as i have no paper statements and when i asked he said he would see his supervisor about getting a staement out.

i emailed eon through there complaints link and i did not recieve a verification mail saying they had it or a phone contact.

were do i go from here. before 2019 i had a year long issues and correspondences with eon over this very same issue and it nearly destroyed me.

thanks for any next stage advise. i was going to ring them again on monday, it just takes so long to explain and will they pass it on to someone to investigate and fill me in.

thanks alanoscar

my statements read from the
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @alanoscar

This is complex and you really need somebody to help you.

I wonder if your local Council has a befriending team who could assist your, or else citizens Advice, who could go through your statements and bills and ensure things are put right, acting with you when contacting Eon Next.

The point is that this is a complex issue and volunteers here are not really able to solve this one for you.