Which plan now to move to?

Level 1
    Hello,

I was until the end of March on the Fix Online Exclusive v64, where I was paying a fixed rate of 28GBP and still getting credit back every single month.

The plan has now ended and moved automatically to the Next Flex, which is showing me a ridiculous consumption compared to pre-April prices (from 00h to 8am this night I consumed 40p, for.. sleeping(!), until 5h40pm I have 66p. On a normal day I usually do around 0.70p, with light cooking and computer on).

Would it still be best to remain on the current Next Flex instead of moving to the Next Online v13?

Next Flex: £45.88 a month, £550.59 a year - Electricity usage 1,462kWh, Electricity unit rate 29.63p per kWh, Electricity standing charge 32.14p per day

vs

Next Online v13: £61.20a month, £734.37a year - Assumed annual consumption 1,462kWh, Unit rate 42.20p per kWh, Standing charge 32.14p per day

---
    .. They also have been taking out money from my CR so that will be a complaint to do.

TIA.
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    Its anyone's guess as to whether the fix will work out better than the flex, given the flex will probably increase from October 1. But if you split the year into two equal consumption halves and then work out how much the flex has to increase by in October 2022 to make it the poor choice, the answer comes out at 74%..

Personally, I'd be staying on the flex in preference to V13. (I've already fixed on an earlier version so the option is open to me.)