Moved form E-on, and now notice i've been overcharged since 20/10/20

Level 1
    My Smart meter has not been sending updates on my usage, and bills have been calculated on estimates.
    Gas usage was on average correct, but Electric meter readings has a difference of 2,283kWh...
    Est:11466 - Actual= 9183 (10/2020 meter reading was 6744)

I Switched to E-on n Oct 2020, on a fixed rate 1yr duel fuel deal. I have smart meters installed for both gas/elec supplies. At the end of the deal in 2021, i was transferred to the variable rate. My payments moved from £60/month to £157/month (stupidly accepted this due to the price hike). Now that E-on has moved my account to E-on next, and the next big rise is close, I wanted to check my account was in order, and estimate the rise.

Spoke to an E-on next adviser, who has told me that there is no discrepancy on the account, and the usage, even with the difference being a negative, is as expected and couldn't see any issues.

Am I looking at this wrongly? Would I get a rebate if i am correct?
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    Yes you would be entitled to a refund.

Your usage between October 2020 and October 2021 would be at the fixed rate, your usage from then to Apr 2022 would be at the present price cap and a new higher price cap rate would apply after that.

The advisor has got it wrong. I'd get back on to Eon next and if you don't get satisfaction from the advisor ask to be contacted by a supervisor. Then be prepared to put in a complaint. The complexity is that most of the overpayment was made to Eon and now you're with the all singing and dancing Eon.next. Give them an opportunity to get things corrected.