Tariff query

Level 1
    Hi an someone please advise me S I have no idea what is right? I was on a variable tarriff £169 per month but panicked & changed to a fixed 12 month £302 per month which is a big increase! the only one on offer, I think I have made an error & might of been cheaper to stay on variable can anyone help please
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    On the variable tariff you will have been protected by the price cap rates which last to 1 October 2022. After that we don't know what the prices will be , but the expectation is for another increase. Your fix though will mean you don't pay those increased rates (if they happen).

If you are on V11 - well so am I. I think it will work out fine ( but there are NO guarantees!). If you on V12 then its a bit more uncertain, as the prices are higher than V11. Prices in the wholesale market are still strong and events in Ukraine seem likely to reinforce them. You pays your money and you takes your choice. Nobody here can tell you what is the best option - its all a matter of opinion. Fixed prices though do offer certainty against even higher prices for the duration of the fix, and if prices did collapse you can leave Eon next with no cancellation charges.