Smart meter readings different to manual readings

Level 1
    Hello

I'm really hoping someone can help me with this. Eonnext have taken their first reading via the smart meter and it differs wildly from the manual readings I give regularly.

My latest statement is showing £700 in credit now and I dont think I can trust this is correct.

I had the same issue with bulb previously and i got so frustrated that i moved to igloo for a short time before they went bust. Id been perfectly happy with bulb until i started getting getting statements saying I was £1,500 in credit.

I dont know if I need my meter needs checked or replacing?? My husband remembers it being installed in 2017.

To be honest we haven't had the IHD plugged in for years. Could that play a part? I've plugged it back in now but haven't had a chance to study the info on it yet.

I've attached a photo of recent meter readings for info. We only use electricity.

TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    I think your manual readings are not consistent with the smart meter readings. I'd guess that the readings relating to 12,000 units are probably all for the same tier (day or night). The others don't make sense at all. Post a picture of your meter and perhaps @theunknowntech can give you some more specific advice.

Since you've had this issue before, when you have been with other suppliers, it might mean that inadvertently you've been reading them wrong for a long time. If that the case be happy - you're in credit!!