shocked update

Level 1
    Yes i know about the price rises that are coming
    but my 1 year deal ends next month so thought i would ring in to get a quote for next year
    first, it took nearly 3 hours of waiting on the phone over 3 days to get through :-( then i was told my monthly charge would go up 3x on gas and double on electric and i am £150 in credit
    this is crazy but what can you do? i have been a loyal customer for many years
    do you take their deal or wait?
    Martin L says wait but is that the right desision?
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    These are indeed tough times for users of energy, and current and future prices are indeed a shock to those fortunate enough to have been on fixed rates until now.

Loyalty isn't a factor nowadays as all the suppliers are charging at or just under the price capped rates. Switching is therefore a bit pointless.

We all need to examine our usage, check our direct Debits and ensure we're as up to date as possible with events. Martin Lewis explains the problems well and outlines the likely best solutions - but he's talking generally not specifically about us as individuals. We need to look out for ourselves - nobody is going to do it for us.