Economy 7 meter

Level 1
    Can you help me. I need to change to Economy 7 and have storage heaters fitted to meet letting regulations on an EPC. I currently have a smart meter fitted but not sure if this is suffice. (see photo)Name:  IMG_9054.jpg
Views: 2900
Size:  74.4 KB
    Can I get a new meter fitted to accommodate this.
    Thank you in advance
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Head of Community
    Best Answer
    Hi @CNCMick

You currently have a 1 rate meter, so all your electricity is charged at the same rate. We can arrange for the meter to be changed to an economy 7 meter but there is a charge for this (it's around £160 but we'll confirm if you wanted to go ahead).

They do say you need to use about 40% of your electricity during the off-peak period to make it cost effective (you'd pay more for electricity used during the day than you do now) and for some customers with storage heaters they still don't use enough electricity at night. It's worth having a think about how much electricity would be used during the day, for example if you worked from home and used a lot of appliances it may not work out cheaper.

If you want to have a chat in more detail I'd recommend messaging us on Facebook or Twitter as our dedicated digi team will be able to talk through everything in much more detail and answer any questions you might have.

Thanks

Hannah - here to spread positive energy
    Level 91
    Storage heaters utilise cheap rate electricity but of course only during the coldest winter months. Other devices particularly fridges and freezers use power 24/7 and so would also benefit from the cheap rate. Getting occupants to use the off peak power for washing machines helps too.