Death of account holder

Level 1
    @Beki_EONNext what are you on about death of an account holder? Who said anything like that? I am shocked that EON are allowed to get away with changing customers accounts without asking and giving other companies
    Level 1
    @Bennie_EONNext What are you on about death of an account holder? I never said anything of the sort I said I am disgusted at EON and EON NEXT who are allowed to change customers accounts without asking if they want to change I am trying to change company but nobody wants to take over these useless and very UNSMART METERS had nothing but trouble with EON ever since they talked me into having these installed supposed to save me money like hell if anything I am using more because of your overpriced tariffs for prepayment customers why we have to pay more for our energy when we have paid upfront and the others pay in arrears and get cheaper tariffs why is that apart from punishing us who pay before we can use it EON are the most disgustingly overpriced energy company that I have had the misfortune of being with and because of these meters nobody wants to take me on because of EON the MOST complained about energy company who have taken over British Gas for that title as soon I can find somewhere I am gone and nothing you can do about it seen as your customer services are the worst I have had to deal with this is why I have an ongoing complaint against EON had no app that has ever worked for me and as for websites well just keep closing it down for so called maintenance for most weekends making even harder to top up. And as for EON NEXT app it is pathetic not even upto date data on it was telling me I had over £18 on my gas yet my meter reader said it was under £15 and took over 2 hours to put the top ups on my bloody meters and that is your website as you app does nothing at all can not even get my reading right and you call that smart.
    Last edited by Beki; 11-04-22 at 08:56. Reason: Language
    Level 91
    @DJGAZZA

The title of this thread is "death of account holder". So its you thats got the wrong end of the stick here. Where did you mean to post this?

I think if you click on the 3 dots at the top right of your post you can then delete it. copy the content of your post first if you want to post it elsewhere.
    @MWest This is a public forum and a public thread, and so I have responded to the users who had commented on the thread 😊
    Level 1
    @Frustrated Oh absolutely agree. Over my mother's death, E-On has done nothing but create grief, misery, red tape, and HUGE bills for an empty property. The second I can get away from them I will. I have just been threatened with £20 baliffs charge, having just had a £100 bill last week and paid £900 the month before.
    Level 1
    @furiouscustomer

i would try to get the account into executor status, but I suspect the bailiff or debt collection agency might have some egg on there face. Firstly you are not personally responsible for a debt on your late mothers estate, if your the executor then your only responsible for dealing with the estate and finalising things, so if bailiffs have been brought in who is the warrant of execution against as that would be her or to the estate. But I do ask why if the property is empty why the bills are so high?
    Level 1
    So the saga continues, I have now emailed the ceo to see what there view on this is. But I come to one conclusion I would have better luck holding the tide back than resolving this issue. So let’s look at the facts, eon next have accepted my mothers death no evidence needed, I want to talk with them as executor which they write on correspondence, they won’t talk to me as I’m not authorised, but authorities die with account holders and become nil and void. But they want evidence I’m the executor, no other utilities has asked for this and even eon energy don’t ask for it. So now it’s stalemate, at some point the property will be sold and any correspondence won’t be received by me as I will have no further access to the property, when the time comes I will inform them of this. For something so simple has certainly been made into a drama by eon next. one thing this has done is never will I go with eon next and my family who is with them is now going to leave them.
    Level 91
    @FrustratedIf there was a credit on the account at the time of death that should be repaid to the estate. An executor will be named in the will - if there is one. By the way wills submitted for probate become publicly visible on the probate website so there is no advantage gained by not showing it to Eon next. If there is no will then probate eventually issue a grant of representation to the administrator - it similar to but not exactly the same as an grant to an executor (because they are nominated in the will).

On the other hand if the account was in debit, then there is no need for Eon next to see a will or anything else - they just need somebody to be named on the new account.

Feel free to DM me if you need more assistance - been through probate 4 times in person! One thing I've learned is that nearly all companies handle things differently - there are no standard procedures.
    Level 1
    @meldrewreborn

thanks for the reply, yes I was aware of the things you mentioned. The account is in actually in debt, but it is the difficultly of getting eon next to talk with me as they keep referring to a named person on the account. All I wanted to do was settle the account but if I can’t query things ie wrong billing ect not that I’m saying anything is a issue I’m reluctant to hand money over. When I dealt with BT for example I just spoke with them no evidence needed and I closed down the account paid the outstanding bill, as a well known advert says simples. But eon next have made things difficult, as you say I can understand if the account was in credit. To ad insult to injury they have now passed this onto a company called Phillips and Cohen which are essentially a debt collection agency even when I have been told by eon they are not. This just adds to the upset
    Level 91
    @Frustrated

I would try once again and record the conversation. If it goes along the lines you have experienced before then you would have cast iron supporting evidence for making a formal complaint.

I feel that when a company gets things wrong that's one thing - after all we all probably make mistakes from time to time. But if they continue to get things wrong then that's completely different. By making a formal complaint you can also ask for compensation which given the time this has been ongoing could easily be £100.