Refund Credit, fobbed of by Eon

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    I am owed a credit of £347.35 from Igloo, which Eon Next has failed to take on.
    Eon Next has blamed Igloo, and even Ofgem for failing to pass on these monies owed.
    I keep getting fobbed off by Eon Next. I believe that some sort of investigation should take place into Eon Next and their practises as I keep getting different people, asking the same questions, and find I am going round in circles, and getting nowhere. I also think that the staff at Eon Next are reading from a script as they are saying the same thing over and over again.
    Where is mu money. Someone has it. And it must be in a suspense account, somewhere, EARNING INTEREST, for someone.
    Here’s another example of Eon Next misinforming their customers. On 22nd December 2021 I paid Eon Next £165.90 by DIRECT DEBIT. (This amount was what Eon Next asked to be paid).
    when I asked about my credit owed from Igloo, I was informed by Eon Next that they were unable to transfer my credit as there was NO direct debit facility set up,on my account. Which was untrue.
    I am now told by Eon Next to wait until February, and if nothing received to get back to aeon Next. So that will be some four months. My credit is for £347.40 and as a retired pensioner I can illford to either wait or loose this money, as I need it to pay bills.
    Level 1
    I have provided my name, full address, date of birth, phone number three times to Eon Next. Yet they say they do not have my details. Who is running this farce. Someone must be accountable for this garbage. Who is responsible. Who is accountable.Where is my money.
    Level 29
    Here’s another example of Eon Next misinforming their customers. On 22nd December 2021 I paid Eon Next £165.90 by DIRECT DEBIT. (This amount was what Eon Next asked to be paid).
    when I asked about my credit owed from Igloo, I was informed by Eon Next that they were unable to transfer my credit as there was NO direct debit facility set up,on my account. Which was untrue.
    I am now told by Eon Next to wait until February, and if nothing received to get back to aeon Next. So that will be some four months. My credit is for £347.40 and as a retired pensioner I can illford to either wait or loose this money, as I need it to pay bills.
    Then make an official complaint about it.
    I have provided my name, full address, date of birth, phone number three times to Eon Next. Yet they say they do not have my details. Who is running this farce. Someone must be accountable for this garbage. Who is responsible. Who is accountable.Where is my money.
    Follow my instructions I gave above in this thread and you will get sorted.
    Have a happy new year then😊
    @jrwright44 Heya, my name is Beki and I'm a Community manager here. I understand how you are feeling and can relate to the frustrations of waiting for your payment. You can, of course, raise a complaint and we can do that via our social media channels (quickest way to get in touch) where we will also be able to find out more information for you. Let me know how you get on. 😊
    Level 3
    Here we are on 9th January.... and despite all the assurances, emails, messages, etc., still absolutely no sign of my credit refund from Igloo, via Eon??
    It states on Eon Update (4th January 2022) "Final bills: If you'd already left Igloo Energy to go to another supplier, we've sent you any credit that's due"
    No you have not. I have sent you all the details you asked for.
    So where is my credit refund?
    Is anyone listening? Does anyone care? Will I ever receive a meaningful reply?
    Level 1
    @Mabel I was/am in credit from igloo for £347.35. Yet Eon Next has not, after 3 months, reflected this in my account. I have an email in December from Igloo, stating that they have passed on this credit, but it seems to have vanished. My and other peoples monies are in someone’s account, earning interest, yet neither the government or ofgem seem to care.
    I am a retired/disabled person who cannot afford to loose this money. Anyone else in my situation.
    Level 3
    @jrwright44, yes, very similar to myself... feels like we are being consigned to the rubbish heap, at my wits end here, as I'm going to be in fuel poverty because I can't get my money back (which had been saved for my winter fuel costs). Sorry I can't say anything more positive, other than you are not alone.
    Level 3
    I have now raised a complaint against E.on Next regarding this matter. I have asked for an urgent refund of my money, an apology for the shameful treatment and compensation for the anxiety caused. I recommend others in my situation do likewise. https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy
    Level 3
    @jrwright44 I just wanted to let you know that I raised a case with the Ombudsman, asking for my refund, compensation for the treatment received from E.on Next and a full apology. That was a week ago. I just had an offer of £50 compensation, a full written apology will be sent to me, but they still can't say when I will receive my refund, as they are working through this currently. I decided to accept their proposal, and the £50 compensation payment is already in my account. I await the letter of apology and my full credit refund. At least the £50 will help to pay my next bill, as I think it will be some time yet until I get my credit refund back. You may want to consider doing likewise, https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy Best wishes, Mabel
    Level 3
    I had been trying since October 2021, to get information on when I would get my credit back, as I had been transferred from Igloo to E.on Next. It was one of the worst experiences I have ever had dealing with all the lies, misinformation and constant fobbing off by E.on Next (see my other posts). So I went to the Ombudsman on 10th January 2022, asking for my refund, compensation for the treatment received from E.on Next and a full apology. That was a week ago. I just had an offer of £50 compensation, a full written apology will be sent to me, but they still can't say when I will receive my refund, as they are working through this currently. I decided to accept their proposal, and the £50 compensation payment is already in my account. I await the letter of apology and my full credit refund. At least the £50 will help to pay my next bill, as I think it will be some time yet until I get my credit refund back. You may want to consider doing likewise, Ombudsman Services, https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy However there was no excuse for the abysmal way in which myself and many others have been treated, the lies and the anxiety caused, by being given the runaround and constantly fobbed off. I'm still waiting for my badly needed credit refund, but at least I finally received an honest answer.