Please stop pestering us about the Smart Meter.

Level 3
    The following are tweets sent to Eonnext and the reply received saying thanks for letting us know.

I have just received the communication about installing a Smart meter. Please be advised that I am taking my wife into the University hospital Coventry for her fourth operation on Wednesday the 4th August and I am due to start Radiotherapy and Chemo for my Cancer at the Worcs Royal hospital. We are both going to be very vulnerable due to treatments both for my wife's salivary gland Cancer and my Rectal Cancer. The Smart meter will have to wait.

Account number supplied with address as well.

(Reply from Eonnext ) Thank you for advising us Mr Pardoe, Take care and I wish you both well. Jayne

Today the 10th August I receive this communication again

John Pardoe <>

19:21 (0 minutes ago)
    to me

Hi John, it's E.ON Next.We know you're busy, but we still haven't heard from you yet about fitting your smart meters. Following changes we've made to our installation process to keep you and our colleagues safe, we're now ready to fit your Smart meter for free as you agreed to as part of your current tariff. If you're ready to book, we have appointments Mon to Fri, AM (8am to 12pm) or PM (12pm to 4pm). Please click here to book your appointment. ( Link removed for security reasons).
    John Pardoe

My reply to the Twitter feed reads thus.

I have just had another request to fit a Smart meter. The insulting thing is the message says we know you are busy. Today I saw my Cancer consultant and it’s decided I need 5 weeks of radiotherapy 5 days a week with chemotherapy as well. I have been told my immune system will be very low and I will be susceptible to any infections going. Coupled with that my wife is still undergoing Cancer treatment at Coventry hospital. If someone thinks that's being busy then I think they are totally insensitive to our situation. For goodness sake can someone tell the fools that the Smart meter will have to wait. We are at our wits end at the moment and do not need the hassle. Do I need to ask for my hospital support to get involved?

For goodness sake please leave the Smart Meter for a while.
    And send me confirmation to that effect.
    Our lives are more important than a Smart meter for now.

(Finally a response via Twitter which will hopefully give us some peace for a while.)

I'm so sorry about this John and sorry to hear about your and your wife's health. My best friend recently lost his wife to cancer after a long battle so I do appreciate it's more than "been busy" There are notes on your account that you're not interested in a smart meter at the time so I'll escalate this to our tech team in order to try and stop these automated messages. Please do just ignore them if you get any more as you have bigger things to think about. Take care, I really do wish you and your wife all the best. Alan.

Thank you Alan. 2020 was a bad year for all of us with the Pandemic but 2021 has been horrific so far. We are just supporting each other best we can.

Silver Fox.
    John Pardoe
    Last edited by Silverfox; 11-08-21 at 05:30.
  • 1 Reply

Level 1
    I have the same problem to such extent that I am looking to remove my direct debit which is £100s in credit, to paying as and when power is used.
    There isn't any info on how to contact a person online to talk with and tell them I DON'T WANT ONE!