Calling all Landlords...

Community Team
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-e9UtgZx3bt60yFLA.jpg 
Views:	788 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	3823

Being a landlord can be difficult at times, but not to worry here's a quick check list to help you get started with your Eon Next account.

Have new tenants moving in/out?

Here's what you need to do... just contact us via email, whatsapp or give us a call on 0808 501 5200 confirming the dates your tenants are liable from and to.

• You can send us the tenancy agreement which we can then process your account into your tenants details.
    • provide meter readings taken on the day
    • confirm your contact details such as email, telephone number and correspondence address
    • If the property will remain empty this will then they need to remain in your details until new tenants have moved in or if the property is being sold.

How you can benefit from installing smart meters.

• Installing smart meters in your property will help you and your tenants with having accurate bills as they will provide us with remote readings so we can issue statements based on usage.
    • This ensures tenants are up to date with what they owe and can also help them monitor their usage. Especially helpful if you don't live close to the property so are not able to get any reads. No one wants to be liable for energy that's not been used and we understand time is precious.
    • A in home display unit (IHD unit) will also be provided so tenants can monitor their usage and this will remain in the property even when you have new tenants moving in.

Get in touch to check your property's eligibility! 🏡

You could consider smart pay as you go meters.

What is Smart pay as you go? Think of it as a prepayment smart meter.

Smart pay as you go combines the flexibility of a pre-pay tariff with the convenience of a smart meter. Being on smart pay as you go is a simple way to stay in control of your energy. Tenants will be able to pay for their energy while they are using it as they will be able to top up the meter with credit via the app or online from the comfort of their home.
    As they are smart they can be switched remotely so there is no need to keep changing the meters if you have a change of mind. 😊

As always, feel free to pop me a message or tag us below with any questions you might have, any comments or anything at all. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Anasa_EONNext; 1 Day Ago at 13:00.
    The Future of energy is Renewable 🍃 So let's work this out together! ✨
  • 2 Replies

Community Manager
    @Indyk_EONNext Fab post to help prep our Landlords and get it right first time. If there are any landlords on here we'd love to hear from you, we're always looking to improve wherever we can and get information out to our customers/members 😀
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 91
    So Eon next guarantee that a smart meter will actually deliver the benefits claimed? Actually “likely to” rather than will might be more appropriate.

I would have thought that landlords are unlikely to need much advice, given that in essence being a landlord is the same as running a business. I don’t recall many requesting help from the forum.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.