No gas readings on statements

Level 46
    That's not good at all is it @Tommysgirl, ongoing for nearly two years!. In my case I'm hoping it's just a glitch but as I take my own readings every month anyway it's not a big issue. It's more the principle than anything else, when you're 'pressured' into having smart meters then I expect them to work faultlessly. We shouldn't have to then phone up to get tariff updates pushed through, read meters ourselves and send the readings in.
    Level 91
    @Tommysgirl

While I readily accept that there are problems, if the electricity readings are getting through why can’t the gas readings? Logically it could be the gas meter failing to get its readings to the comms hub , often reputed to be due to battery failure. Of course if the gas readings are getting to your IHD then the data is getting to the comms hub, so the battery is OK, and it is a comms problem which falls to the DCC to resolve - and they are not answerable to us customers. And we’re paying for all this.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 48
    @Andy65

It's most likely to be just a one-off glitch with your readings. I agree, it's not very good for me and my neighbours that it's been ongoing for nearly two years, but it's not difficult for me to read the meters and send readings in manually, because, like you, I take my readings every month anyway. You're right, we shouldn't have to phone up to get tariff updates pushed through, or send meter readings in manually. It rather defeats the object of having smart meters, but there are worse things going on in the world.
    Level 48
    @meldrewreborn

The readings are getting through to my IHD, it seems like it's definitely an ongoing comms problem, especially with my neighbours having exactly the same issues. They eventually had both their meters replaced a few months ago, and after a month, their smart readings stopped again. Eon Next are currently looking into looking into the problem 😂. I'll wait and see what transpires, and let you all know the outcome.
    Level 91
    @Tommysgirl

if it’s a comms issue changing the meters will not solve it. Changing the comms hub might, but if the issue is with the DCC then it might not. The meters cost money - think £250 each. They are owned by a meter supply company and then usually rented on long term contracts to energy suppliers. When the meters are replaced, but later found to be operative, the outstanding rental period has to be paid up.

The effect is that we all pay extra because the DCC doesn’t fix comms issues.