Smart metres what a mess.

@brisinger Good afternoon! I hope this is okay but I have located your account and I will reply to your emails with some more information.
    Beki 🎄
    Level 6
    @brisinger Have you tried third party smart meter monitors? I use loop (https://loop.homes) it's free and updates sometime in the early houes so you have yesterdays data and the 13 month history. Not sure how it works with SMETS1 or Solar but good luck.
    Level 78
    Apps such as Loop, Bright or SmartThings won't work with SMETS1 meters that haven't yet been migrated to DCC via the Enrolment & Adoption processes. There's usually a compatibility check that the service performs to identify if this is a blocker during signup. If it is, signup is blocked and all data collected so far is automatically purged within 7 days. This isn't a limitation in the apps, but more down to how SMETS1 worked back in the day.

They also can't generally retrieve microgeneration data either I'm afraid, only usage data.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 6
    @brisinger Have you tried third party smart meter monitors? I use loop (https://loop.homes) it's free and updates sometime in the early houes so you have yesterdays data and the 13 month history. Not sure how it works with SMETS1 or Solar but good luck.

From what you describe I'm not particularly interested in an app that displays yesterdays data. The panels have a smart app to record historical data. I'd like to know what is going on on the fly which my IHD did so that I can get best use of my solar panels which I could do before E.On Next got their sticky fingers in. It may be system wide but it seems rather a coincidence that it happened when they bought out NPower Select. I've got a perfectly good IHD that stopped working when the took them over. It's worked through many suppliers.
    Level 78
    Ah yeah, that's a bit of a limitation with those apps. Chameleon is apparently working on some new project called ivie as part of the SmartThings integration, but it still relies on a working IHD with CAD (Consumer Access Device) functionality in order to access real-time data. There's no way to achieve this via DCC as it would likely either overload the National Smart Meter Network, or have too much latency to be useful. And given that Chameleon hasn't actually launched ivie yet, I don't know much about it and can't say whether it works or not.

It also means that if your IHD stops working, so will anything that relies on CAD features.

Fun fact actually. The NPower Duet II (aka NPower Duet 2) is actually a rebadged supplier-specific variant of the Geo Duet II, an old SMETS1 IHD from around 2014 that has been superseded multiple times - the Geo Trio II Touch is currently the latest model that Geo offers right now. In theory, both the regular version and supplier specific versions of the Geo Duet II are supposed to work fine across suppliers, but I'm wondering if it's struggling with handling the migration to DCC, since there was never a SMETS2 version of this IHD. If you've only ever been switching around suppliers that supported your Smart Meters (which are mostly any that supported Secure branded meters), this would explain why the IHD kept working fine - because you were still on the same WAN that Secure runs for their customers.
    Ah yeah, that's a bit of a limitation with those apps. Chameleon is apparently working on some new project called ivie as part of the SmartThings integration, but it still relies on a working IHD with CAD (Consumer Access Device) functionality in order to access real-time data. There's no way to achieve this via DCC as it would likely either overload the National Smart Meter Network, or have too much latency to be useful. And given that Chameleon hasn't actually launched ivie yet, I don't know much about it and can't say whether it works or not.

It also means that if your IHD stops working, so will anything that relies on CAD features.

Fun fact actually. The NPower Duet II (aka NPower Duet 2) is actually a rebadged supplier-specific variant of the Geo Duet II, an old SMETS1 IHD from around 2014 that has been superseded multiple times - the Geo Trio II Touch is currently the latest model that Geo offers right now. In theory, both the regular version and supplier specific versions of the Geo Duet II are supposed to work fine across suppliers, but I'm wondering if it's struggling with handling the migration to DCC, since there was never a SMETS2 version of this IHD. If you've only ever been switching around suppliers that supported your Smart Meters (which are mostly any that supported Secure branded meters), this would explain why the IHD kept working fine - because you were still on the same WAN that Secure runs for their customers.

@daljit - I wonder if this is relevant to your Geo?
    Last edited by Beki; 16-12-21 at 10:50.