Concern about smart meter

Level 1
    Hi, I noticed yesterday morning (6th February) that my electricity smart meter was showing about 10 green bars/notches, apologies for not knowing the correct terminology.

At this time there was virtually nothing in use, i.e.the fridge and freezer were plugged in of course, but there were no other appliances, large or small in operation, and there weren't even any lights switched on.

In such a situation, I think the meter normally registers about four or five green bars, so it's a concern to me that for some reason I seem to be using double the amount when almost nothing was switched on.

I've noticed this morning at 09:30 my usage was showing in excess of £1.00, a figure which isn't normally reached until well into the afternoon.

Any ideas please?

Dave
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Best Answer
    @DaveinLeeds Hey there,
    Usually your in home display will add your standing charges at midnight so this would explain any money on there in the morning. It is also not 'real time' and is used as a guide. If you are still concerned about your usage. Just pop us a message on Facebook/Twitter and we will be able to help.