Gas smart meter and Eon Next not communicating

Level 5
    I have both electricity and gas smart meters with eon Next (both Smets1 installed by npower before they moved us to eon next) and while my electric meter data and meter readings are sent to eon next and received with no problems, my Gas meter is not doing the same. The app has shown blank data for gas for months now - so I’m having to send manual readings for my gas every month when I see an electric one has been taken.

Both meters are visible on the DCC network and are working in smart mode according to the checker on the Citizens Advice site and eon next have been able to get smart meter readings and data from my gas meter in the past - most recently in Oct and Nov last year and May, June and July last year before that.

Please can someone take a look into this to fix it for me as it’s a very frustrating situation to be in. I’ve attached pictures of my meters in case they are any help - first is electric & communication hub, second is the gas one. All lights on combs hub are green with Wan and Han giving a slow flash - sometimes alternating with each other and sometimes in sync with each other.

If you need an account number or any other data let me know and I’ll private message it to you. Hope someone can help thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  • 4 Replies

Level 91
    @ChrissieMags23

Sorry to hear this. The forum is mainly a place where other customers help each other, and in this case you've done the main work yourself already. We can't delve into your case /account so I'm afraid you'll have to contact customer services for a solution, which is probably in some sort of software protocol..

But I have to tell you that past experience tells me that you'll not get that far in resolving this issue. You may need to make a complaint and eventually take it to the ombudsman. E.On Next seem to believe that so long as a meter is metering the supply, can be read by the customer and the customer can report that data then they don't need to do anything.

Switching to another supplier may get you a better result eventually.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 76
    @ChrissieMags23
    The electricity meter is not the problem it's always seems to be the gas. I was transferred over from NPower and my gas meter(which is the same as yours, and so is your hub) has only worked off and on. I've got an on going request for a fix but to no avail. It doesn't bother me too much as I take my own readings submit them manually and use my spreadsheet. I do understand your frustrations though.
    Level 55
    @ChrissieMags23

Do you have an IHD? And if you do, does the IHD show (and match) the gas meter reads in metres (cubed)? Are you reading directly from the meter or from the IHD each month?
    Level 5
    @Mailman

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I do have an IHD - a Duet II - and it does show and match the gas meter reads (I assume they are in meters cubed - Duet II doesn’t seem to give the measurement just the numbers), and I read directly from the meter each month.