Joint SEG & Fit system, is is possible & how, & is it even allowed.

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Hi, to explain, we have free rent a roof, 3.6kw roof panels system on since 2015, we can use all electric generated for free, but any surplus goes to grid, & THEY GET THE FIT money. They have a wireless meter in the attic which transmits to them what is generated by their panels, & has a mains cable to the house mains input grid supply.

We are not allowed to touch their system. Theirs is now old & poor but as we cannot touch old system, so we have had new TOTALLY separate 3.2kw system put in. & 10kw battery. Our system also has its own meter, & a mains cable run back to the grid.
    My new system new inverter is a growwatt 3.6 hybrid, & it shows what is being generated, & exported, & then it goes into its own meter, & then back to the grid.

We find on a sunny day, OUR NEW system generate's a lot of surplus on a sunny day.

How can I claim a SEG, which will NOT AFFECT the export of the old system & their FIT.

It seems to me, I would need a mains grid house input meter capable of reading TWO setback grid feedbacks.

I also I don't know, if its possible to even claim SEG, if a FIT is also being claimed.

The other people are on a very high FIT feed in tariff since its from 2014, so they will not change from that. Can anyone please advise.
  • 5 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 92
    Best Answer
    @DebF_EONNext

FIT and SEG are administered on a 'per system' basis and you can have multiple systems at the same physical location or owned by the same entity.

As long as each system has a separate MPRN for each export meter, no problem.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @StanMan

I think this is one for @PeterT_EONNext.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Community Team
    Hey @StanMan welcome to the community 👋

I have asked for some further clarification from a colleague on this once I have a response I'll let you know. Just to clarify you have both the old and new systems still in place and you are the owner of the new system is that correct?
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 01/05/24 🏖

Community Team
    Thanks for sharing @retrotecchie, I just want to double check if there are any restrictions on our side so I have passed this over for some further advice 😊
    Community Team
    @DebF_EONNext You're absolutely right with what you have said above. Each system is installed to a specific MPAN. Any new Solar system would need to be installed to a new MPAN. In this case the site would require 2 MPRN's at the property. If you have any other questions about FIT/SEG pop me a message. Thanks, Lee
    Last edited by Lee_EONNext; 19-11-23 at 11:52. Reason: Spelling