Yet another smart meter not submitting readings post move from Eon to EonNext

Level 1
    Hi,

I've been trying to get this resolved for ages via 'normal' customer service and had absolutely no luck and so thought I'd try the forum.

Since being migrated to Eon Next (05/05/22) - my smart meter (which had worked perfectly previously) has 'stopped' working and Eon is not 'receiving' my meter readings. 😡

This is obviously a problem with the migration between the two systems and looking on here I am not the first to have the problem!

How can it be resolved? - the tech is working (nothing has changed) - all I get now from Eon is an email saying they are having problems with my reading and asking me to do it manually (every month!).

Come on guys it needs sorting - not a meter fault, not a network fault but a migration fault

HELP !!!!!

Who / where can I help as any comms I've had via email has been 'pants' and very unhelpful with no suggestions other than 'it must be a network fault' not acknowledging that it worked perfectly for years right up until the migration and then immediately stopped.

Any ideas ?

• 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Level 92
    Best Answer
    @RutlandLad

You probably have the 'supplier specific' SMETS1 meters which would have stopped working when you were migrated to E.On Next. For the purposes of the communications used in the earlier meters, E.On and E.On Next are two different companies.

Older meters that were possible to be migrated to the centralised, non-supplier specific DCC networks should have been by now. Any that haven't been, either can't be or won't be.

The only option is to wait until your meters are scheduled for replacement at which point they will be upgraded to SMETS2. When this will happen is in doubt, but has been delayed from the original deadline of 31/12/23.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.