Faulty Smart Meter

Level 1
    My electric meter reading has not advanced since some time in November 2022. The smart hub states ‘waiting for current data’. As I continue to consume electricity the meter is clearly malfunctioning. The position was reported to Eon as soon as discovered on 7/1/23. Eon agree the meter is faulty and said they would change it. Two months on and numerous phone calls and email exchanges later they still have not been able to arrange an appointment for someone from their metering department to attend.
    Is this just incompetence or is there an under lying problem? Have I been unlucky or is there a flood of malfunctioning meters that they can’t cope with?
    Meanwhile Eon expect me to pay monthly by DD for consumption that they estimate based on last year. Neither of us know how much electricity I am using. Like most people during this fuel crisis I am reducing my consumption this winter.
    This is totally unacceptable.
  • 1 Reply

Level 92
    @IanC

To be fair there was a tsunami of meter failures around the pre-Christmas period thanks to that cold snap we had so that added to the 'usual delays', but I would have thought they would have got to you by now.

Raise a formal complaint by email to unhappy@eonnext.com with 'Electricity meter not recording energy' in the subject and your full details including account number in the body.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.