Mulitiple bills sent to me, quite amazing

Level 13
    Received bill on 2nd Feb 2023, when no bill was due until 17th Feb. After receiving yet another out--of-cycle bill I sent to Email to EON Feb 3rd

"why have you sent me a bill mid month?"

Nothing.

Email from EON to me after complaint made

"I am sorry we have not come to you sooner with your queries. I have changed the billing to make sure it is on the 16th each month"

Email from me to EON on Feb 22nd:

"So the billing period 17th of each month to 16th of each month now continues from Feb 17th?"

Reply from EON: "Yes 17th onwards."

How many bills have I had since buying my property on 17th November?
    This many:

03 MAR 2023
    28 FEB 2023
    23 FEB 2023
    21 FEB 2023
    18 FEB 2023
    17 FEB 2023
    16 FEB 2023
    13 FEB 2023
    10 FEB 2023
    02 FEB 2023
    17 JAN 2023
    05 JAN 2023
    03 JAN 2023
    29 DEC 2022
    03 DEC 2022

28th Feb

"I understand your frustration, I tried my best, I changed the billing calendar to the 17th ages ago, I made all the relevant changes and I spoke to my manager. However this bill is there, however after you pay this bill, the billing will be on the 17th of each month and if it does not and a system error occurs you can take this further to the ombudsman."

LOL. They cant control their own billing system - so its not their problem, its the Ombudsmans problem. And mine of course, mostly mine.

Seriously, you have to laugh or you would cry.
    Last edited by MAW; 07-03-23 at 11:45.
  • 4 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Manager
    Best Answer
    Hi @MAW Anasa here 👋 This does seem to be quite a mystery but one that we need to resolve for you, the response you had before I agree was not satisfactory but I can see since them you've been in touch and a complaint has been raised on your account so we're in the process of looking into this for you.

It's not right that you've had so many bills and there must be a reason behind it, my first thoughts were that the meter is set to give weekly reads, you reads seem to be pulling through too often so could be an issue with your smart reads settings...🤔. It is now set at monthly billing but I'm not sure what works been done on your account so far.

If you don't mind I'm going to keep an eye on your account for you to make sure this does get resolved for you and you are contacted as agreed. We do need to get the bottom of this for you.😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 91
    @MAW

I have to agree that being sent that many bills is a poor show and if it's not easily fixed then an even poorer show. You've indicated on another thread that you pay on receipt of bill. Does that mean you're having to settle all of these bills manually every time?
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 13
    @JoeSoap on the other thread I was, naturally, referring to accurate bills issued on time. None of those bills were both accurate and on time, unfortunately.

It appears that whenever an EON employee works on someones account, the 'system' automatically issues a new bill, and it also seems they cant control it. Its obviously a system thats stuck on "Immense greed mode". I would imagine most people just pay up for a quiet life. Not me though.

£Multi-billion global corporation making hideous profits, right there.
    Level 13
    Hi @MAW Anasa here 👋 This does seem to be quite a mystery but one that we need to resolve for you, the response you had before I agree was not satisfactory but I can see since them you've been in touch and a complaint has been raised on your account so we're in the process of looking into this for you.

It's not right that you've had so many bills and there must be a reason behind it, my first thoughts were that the meter is set to give weekly reads, you reads seem to be pulling through too often so could be an issue with your smart reads settings...🤔. It is now set at monthly billing but I'm not sure what works been done on your account so far.

If you don't mind I'm going to keep an eye on your account for you to make sure this does get resolved for you and you are contacted as agreed. We do need to get the bottom of this for you.😊

OK Anasa, Thanks, I have private mesaaged you in reply.