April Price Cap 2023

@Mailman

I saw on the red button news that Grant Shapps, the Energy Secretary is: "Sympathetic" to calls to scrap the April price increases, and is having talks with The Chancellor about the issue. "Sympathetic" is, however, a long way from actually doing so, but we'll wait and see. Mars Bars all round for: you; me, @retrotecchie; @meldrewreborn and @JoeSoap, if the prices stay the same, but I'm not counting on it! (Plus we've got all the other increases such as Council Tax and Broadband charges in the pipeline). ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿซ
    Level 55
    @Mailman

I saw on the red button news that Grant Shapps, the Energy Secretary is: "Sympathetic" to calls to scrap the April price increases, and is having talks with The Chancellor about the issue. "Sympathetic" is, however, a long way from actually doing so, but we'll wait and see. Mars Bars all round for: you; me, @retrotecchie; @meldrewreborn and @JoeSoap, if the prices stay the same, but I'm not counting on it! (Plus we've got all the other increases such as Council Tax and Broadband charges in the pipeline). ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿซ

The Tories appear to have had an popularity uplift from the Windsor 'NI Brexit' agreement and it wouldn't surprise me in the least, for political and popularity reasons, if the EPG (as it is currently) is maintained at the same gas/electric unit rates we currently have BUT I'M NOT BETTING ON IT ๐Ÿ™„. Perhaps only minor tweaks due to standing charges neing changed in line with the recent Ofgem publication already referenced in this thread. I'm sure we will find out soon enough. ๐Ÿ‘
    @Mailman

Well said, I completely agree!
    Level 92
    @Tommysgirl

Having just had my lowest electricity bill for a year, by some margin, and plan on it going even lower as the spring comes round, even if prices do go up by the purported 20% in April, fingers crossed it will still be manageable ๐Ÿคž

Bizarrely, my projected costs for the next year according to my latest bill are now sub-ยฃ1500 although they are still miles out on the actual kWh which is still running at twice my projected consumption. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    While we wait for the new EPG discounts to be announced we can still take note of the annual cost difference between Direct Debit, Prepayment and payment on receipt of bill costs.
    From April 1 the average dual fuel bill for prepayment will be ยฃ45 more than Direct Debit, while payment on receipt of bill by cash/cheque/bank transfer will be ยฃ202 more expensive than direct debit. I read recently that about 40% of customers pay by the most expensive method, whereas paying by DD after receipt of bill(which is almost the same in practice) would be so much cheaper.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but Iโ€™ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Community Team
    Good morning everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

I just wanted to pop my head up and update you all with the information received on Wednesday 15th March 2023.

The Government has announced that the Energy Price Guarantee (EPG) will remain at ยฃ2500 rather than the ยฃ3000 that was originally planned. Although the Price Cap has reduced and EPG is staying the same, the Energy Support Scheme (EBSS) has ended and from the 1st April 2023 you may see changes to your standing charge so many of us will still feel the impacts of our energy bills.

E.ON Next will be writing to customers in late March or early April 2023 to let them know how the announcements impact them and if your payments are going to change. For example, over the last 6 months, low usage customers have had to make very little to no payments. Now that the EBSS has ended these customers will need to increase or start making payments again and Prepayment/SPAYG customers will now have to pay solely for their usage.

Although things may seem scary, we are always here to help you. We have lots of fantastic support for customers who are looking for support and struggling to pay ๐Ÿ‘‰ please see our original thread entry for those.

We have updated our original thread entry to clarify any points, and we also have updated our E.ON Next Blog to include all of the up to date information so check that out too.

โญ Energy Price Guarantee.
    Last edited by Han_EONNext; 15-03-23 at 15:34.
    ๐ŸŒ Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    ๐Ÿ‘‰get in touch๐Ÿ‘ˆ

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions ๐Ÿ‘‰ HERE ๐Ÿ‘ˆ
    Level 92
    @Han_EONNext

Ya wanna change that initial figure from ยฃ2000 to ยฃ2500, maybe?!!
    Level 55
    EPG Regional Pricing from 1st April - 30th June now announced HERE

and the SC included in page 20 of this document

Name:  EPG April.jpg
Views: 4188
Size:  60.7 KB
    Last edited by Mailman; 15-03-23 at 16:42. Reason: word insertion
    Level 91
    @Mailman

A very useful table. I suppose these are maximum charges and suppliers could tweak them down a tad. Also note that they're rounded to one decimal place.

The maximum reduction to fix price tariffs ( to the level of the variable tariff under the EPG) is 16.6p/kWh for electricity and 2.2p/kWh for gas from April to June 2023. EDIT (rates ex vat)
    Last edited by meldrewreborn; 15-03-23 at 17:47.
    Level 55
    The maximum reduction to fix price tariffs ( to the level of the variable tariff under the EPG) is 16.6p/kWh for electricity and 2.2p/kWh for gas from April to June 2023.

That is also useful to know especially for the souls on fixed rate tariffs, such as moi, with EPG deductions in place. ๐Ÿ‘

Will need to crunch some numbers tomorrow with all of this to see if I should stay on present tariff with slightly lower SC.