Smart meters 3 months in - not working

@SBEN I am sorry to hear that the Gas meter is not working correctly. The questions that I would ask to see are: were both meters installed together? When was that? As you have been in touch before with our customer service what reasons have they given you for the not functioning of the meter?

Like @retrotecchie said, we aren't a customer service platform but we do try to help when we can 😀

Hi...
    Both meters were installed together on 5th December. The only thing that one of the people I spoke to about the issue mentioned was something along the lines of... The old gas meter doesn't seem to have been deregistered... or some such words.
    The most frustrating thing is that nobody ever seems to follow it up or get back to me.
    @SBEN I am really sorry that this has been the case.

If they have mentioned that the old meter is not being de-registered that's probably in the way to be done. Sometimes it can take up to eight weeks for smart meters to be connected and communicate properly.
    Hi there... Nearly 6 weeks further on and still no joy from EonNext about the original above issue. I even wrote to the CEO who didn't reply either?! (I just got the immediate acknowledgement email back).

What should I do and are there seemingly very serious issues going on at EONNext atm? No company could possibly be so bad or TOTALLY ignore customers.
    Level 91
    @SBEN

Have you made a formal complaint yet? I would do so . E.on Next customer service and smart meter issues are in my view non sequiturs.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    @SBEN

Have you made a formal complaint yet? I would do so . E.on Next customer service and smart meter issues are in my view non sequiturs.

I raised a complaint about 2 weeks ago but am not holding my breath. Good Lord....this company is quite unreal. I've never seen anything quite like it.

I don't think I can approach the Ombudsman till they've had 8 weeks or so to address it.

Are they all WFH so don't actually have access to anything to sort issues out?
    Level 91
    @SBEN

I personally think they are only concerned about installing new smart meters and put all enquiries relating to existing smart meters onto a small team totally under resourced for the scale of the issue.
    @SBEN

I personally think they are only concerned about installing new smart meters and put all enquiries relating to existing smart meters onto a small team totally under resourced for the scale of the issue.

I even wrote to the CEO. Surprise, surprise. No reply after 2 weeks. Just the immediate email acknowledgement.
    The whole shower need investigating.
    Level 91
    Any chance of an update on this. Although automated readings are getting through, these are not used for billing purposes. 😭 For billing the supplier sends a specific one off request and normally gets a one off response. But if no response is received then the account needs to be updated manually.